Author Topic: Derelict keeps crashing at the end of the loading screen  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Derelict keeps crashing at the end of the loading screen
Everything seems fine until the loading screen finishes and then I'm kicked back to the desktop.

Here is the debug log: https://fsnebula.org/log/5f6ed283bc2bea6bba5a562b
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Re: Derelict keeps crashing at the end of the loading screen
Code: [Select]
WARNING: "For asteroid 'Terran Debris 1', detail level
mismatch (POF needs 3)" at asteroid.cpp:477
Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\osapi\dialogs.cpp at line 415
That's a warning. Press continue, not debug.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
The problem is, when I just press "Play," no warning comes up and the game still crashes at the end of the loading screen. Does that mean I have to play Derelict in debug mode from now on? That doesn't fix the problem.

EDIT: Ok, just ran it again in debug mode and hit "Continue" instead of "Debug" and the same thing happened: kicked back to desktop after the loading screen was full.

Here's the newest debug log: https://fsnebula.org/log/5f71145f3f9afd740d5a5630

EDIT2: Just verified file integrity and no problems were detected. What dafuq is wrong with this thing?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:42:01 pm by Su-tehp »

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok, I thought uninstalling and reinstalling Derelict (and only Derelict) would help. But instead, it has now caused all my FSO builds in my other mods to be lost; I can't select anything but "mod default" in the FSO Build pulldown menu in any of my mods now.

WTF is this?

The Order of the Stick

OpenGL Debug: Source:OpenGL Type:Error ID:1000 Severity:High Message:glTexStorage3D has generated an error (GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY)
OpenGL Debug: Source:OpenGL Type:Error ID:1000 Severity:High Message:glCompressedTexSubImage3D has generated an error (GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY)
Not enough GPU memory. Unfortunately probably newest models require more memory than your AMD Radeon HD 7660G has.

Uninstall
MVPS-4.3.3\mv_advanced1.vp
MVPS-4.3.3\mv_advanced2.vp
MVPS-4.3.3\mv_advanced3.vp
MVPS-4.3.3\mv_advanced4.vp
It may help for this old GPU.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:52:37 am by tomimaki »