Author Topic: Missing Ship Models  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Dicax

I cannot figure out why the ships are not showing up. Their lights show up, but no models. Pretty lights floating in space, shooting at me, telling me to do things, but nothing is there. Ghost ships, and this isn't even Blue Planet, just retail.

Models do not show up in the mission and in the data area from the main menu. I can't think of what to call it but it's right in the beginning before you go into the ready room.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Knossos and Freespace to no avail.

Knossos 0.14.3
FSPort Media VPs 4.3.4
FSO 19
System: AMD Radeon HD 7540D
Processor: A-6 5600K APU
Windows 10

File integrity verified by Knossos
https://fsnebula.org/log/5f8521439ae23bd1a65a5632  (thanks for this ability in Knossos!)

Thanks for the help, I'm proper flummoxed.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Your GPU may be to blame.  I used to have an HD5770, and in builds starting in late 2017 I started having shading errors, lighting errors, missing textures, etc.  Then in the summer of 2018 I got a new system with an RX570, and the graphical anomalies disappeared.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dicax

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll just go back to the Wxlauncher days and the 3.X versions of FSO. Knossos is just so nice and easy, but if it's GPU there's not much I can do. My system's puttering along just fine, so I can't justify the expense at this time. Those Ryzen APU sure are tempting though.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Try THIS build.  Back when I had my older GPU it was the last build that was bug free for me (aside from some anomalies in the Avenger canon effect that began in August of that year).  Just remember, its almost 3 years old now.

Offline Dicax

Thanks. Was able to downgrade and the models are back. So, I can play the main campaign, which is fine. Do you happen to know which of the Mods would work work FSOpen 3.8.1 and the MediaVPs2014?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The state of mods is changing so much with Knossos, I don't know.