FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

[Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!

(1/32) > >>

fightermedic:
The all new and even more shiny version of my cockpit mod is here!
Get it now, while the canopy is still intact!

Download for the new 2.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/js3mt4tvgnaqccz/cockpit-mod_2.0.rar

And for those who prefere the old version, here is the link for version 1.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uugdrw34yc9uwzw

Installation:
- decompress and drop the cockpit-mod-2.0.vp file into every mod's folder that you want to play with cockpits (or if you just want to play the freespace2 main campaign: select the cockpit-mod folder as a mod in the launcher) - the mod might not work on campaigns that use custom ships
- disable the ballistic ammo gauge in the launcher if you have turned it on

known problems:
- distortion and off brackets in the target window
- minor stretching problems with the weapon gauge

and some example screenshots:
of 2.0:

and of 1.2:

Let me know if there are any problems I didn't notice.

Dragon:
Looks really good. Why the weird energy gauge positions though?

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: fightermedic on April 26, 2013, 06:24:56 pm ---Installation:
- decompress and drop the data folder into your mediavps folder, overwrite everything if asked
- disable the ballistic ammo gauge and environment maps in the launcher

--- End quote ---

For the love of god please do NOT DO THIS. Stop. Don't do it. PLEASE STOP. DON'T

This should be installed and loaded as a separate mod. I cannot overstate the support hell that may ensue if it's dropped into mediavps_3612/data. Pleeeeeeease, I'm begging you, distribute this as a separate mod folder and edit mod.inis to reference it.

Dragon:
Actually, I'd prefer to see it included into the next mediavps as an optional download. Editing mod.ini in every mod you want to use it in is a bit of a chore, not to mention not every user can do it. Besides, this feature is so new so I don't think there is a mod with which it would interfere.

headdie:

--- Quote from: Dragon on April 27, 2013, 03:57:57 am ---Actually, I'd prefer to see it included into the next mediavps as an optional download. Editing mod.ini in every mod you want to use it in is a bit of a chore, not to mention not every user can do it. Besides, this feature is so new so I don't think there is a mod with which it would interfere.

--- End quote ---

you could just edit the mediavp mod ini to reference it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version