Author Topic: controls  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I was wondering if it was possible to have descent-like controls, say, you control the rotation of your ship with the mouse, and the movements with the keys ( whatever is your key config, I use the numpad for that, for exemple ).
If you're not familiar with descent, think any quakelike, but where jump/crounch is used for slide vertical strafe, and with two more keys for roll left/right ( so you don't have a constant speed, but move forward only when you push the forward key, and stop when you don't push it anymore -tho a variant where you have to push back to stiop would be useful too- )
That would be handy for something I have in mind. Could something like that be possible?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
if you mean you want to enable binding of slideing controles to whatever I've got that done already
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by venom2506
I was wondering if it was possible to have descent-like controls, say, you control the rotation of your ship with the mouse, and the movements with the keys ( whatever is your key config, I use the numpad for that, for exemple ).
If you're not familiar with descent, think any quakelike, but where jump/crounch is used for slide vertical strafe, and with two more keys for roll left/right ( so you don't have a constant speed, but move forward only when you push the forward key, and stop when you don't push it anymore -tho a variant where you have to push back to stiop would be useful too- )
That would be handy for something I have in mind. Could something like that be possible?

At that point, aren't you just one step from I-War style controls and physics?
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
well, I don't play IW2 with the mouse ;)
No, I don't imply newtonian physics or anything, i just mean descent-like controls, which are much more reflex based.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
yet still a step closer to it.

I'm sure TBP would benefit.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey