Author Topic: makeing sorce changes specific to TBP  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
makeing sorce changes specific to TBP
I've posted in there forum and in HLPs modding forum, but I figured why shouldn't I post here as well

I am trying to make a version of TBP and an exe that play well together, I think I've gotten most of the bugs out and I'm makeing some realy neat things (like thrusters that light up depending on wich direction they are pointing and wich direction the ship is trying to go, and enableing slideing and getting the AI to use it),  to see what has been discused (and were you can get the full TC) here is the thread in there forum were you can find all the particulars, I realy should find some time to figure out how to use CVS
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Inquisitor

It will take you all of about 20 minutes ;)
No signature.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too

see these are the new control config items
NOTE: by default the slideing keys only have the sift-pad keys

and here are shots of the new thruster code
first at rest

going down

going to the left
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
hey, RandomTiger if you'r reading this could you try to tell me if this debug spew is caused by the oversized textures used in TBP, and if so is there any way to fix it, I havn't made any changes to the lower level graphics stuff were the Vram errors are from.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Inquisitor

Just as a caution: RT and the gang have been making real progress in the graphics code with respect to DX8.

You may have alot of integration work if you aren't on the same page as us ;)
No signature.

Offline RandomTiger

Originally posted by Bobboau
hey, RandomTiger if you'r reading this could you try to tell me if this debug spew is caused by the oversized textures used in TBP, and if so is there any way to fix it, I havn't made any changes to the lower level graphics stuff were the Vram errors are from.

Nothing to do with me.

I think you should be very careful, dont get me wrong, I think you are doing a truely fantastic job but that spew is very worrying, we need to be really careful not to introduce problems. I suggest you use my tester list to get someone to test your code on a low spec machine and see what happens.

Also if you dont start using CVS its going to be a lot of work for someone (probably Ed or Penguin) to sort all of this out. Myself and Inquistor are willing to spend all the time needed to get you into it. It really is quite simple. Please contact us about this.

The work you are doing here has implications for the DX8 branch, we should perhaps have some kind of discussion about this.

Im pushed for time at the moment, I'll come back to this later.

If you'd like, I'll volunteer to help get your stuff merged and submitted to CVS.  

Just let me know.

Offline RandomTiger

If you have things to commit that are totally unrelated it would be best to commit them seperately so its easier to roll back if there are bugs.

Offline LAM3O

How do you do so much Bobboau?  Thanks for all the hard work.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I'm not doing that much, most of this stuff is fairly high-medium level stuff, RT is dealing the the mean low level stuff, I have no clue in that place, DX stuff

also it seems my FTP client hasn't been updateing the last few times :rolleyes:, so if you want to play with it, you'll need to DL the file again
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3