Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

Wiki suggestion

(1/2) > >>

WMCoolmon:
On the front page, have links to guides.

"Getting started with Freespace 2" (Getting & installing FS2)
"Getting started with fs2_open" (Same for SCP)
"Getting started with Mission Design"
"Getting started with Modding"

CP5670:
Good idea, especially the first two. We've been getting a lot of questions about that lately.

BlackDove:
You mean it's not already like that? :p

karajorma:
That's the way I have my FAQ laid out pretty much and I wouldn't mind laying out the Wiki in the same way but last time I asked I was told not to put links to HotU and the other downloads. Admittedly that was while we were still on Gamespy.

Sandwich:
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about linking to HotU anymore. ;)

Also, just a tip: Try to make the front page of the Wiki as welcoming as possible. This is mainly achieved by having personal-style readable text (with abundant linkage) in addition to the lists of links on the side. Something like:

"If you're starting from the very beginning with Freespace/FSOpen, check out this step-by-step guide. It will guide you through the process of downloading, installing, and configuring Freespace Open on your computer."

But of course have much more text than just that. Keep it shortish and to the point, but don't hesitate to have a friendly non-corporate writing style. For examples of what I mean, look around Amazon.com - they've adopted that style of customer relations with full force. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version