Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

To minimize spamming..

(1/5) > >>

Wanderer:
Would it be possible to get the system to do the same that for example The Great Machine (B5 wiki) does? That is, only registrated people could edit the wiki and also the registration would use the now common image verification.. Even if it would be totally separate from the forum registration.

Dunno what it takes but similar thing was proposed earlier.. and it might be a good thing to have. Any opinions?

starfox:
I concur about Wiki...and I'm not totally against the image verification either, though it's by no means a necessity.
As for the "registration to edit wiki", it could be benefitical in such cases as preventing spamming to some extent and also ensuring the most reliable source of information possible.

So IMHO, Yes to the registration and No to the "Image Verification", I just don't find it necessary....

As always, it's just my honest opinion...

Goober5000:
I was thinking about posting a topic like this myself.  I concur. :)

Black Wolf:
I personally dfisagree. One of the nice things about a wiki is being able to edit it openly without registering. But if there seems to be general support, I'fd go along with it.

Taristin:
It may be nice, and all, but it makes it super easy for web bots to destroy hours of hard work. I'm sure it's annoying as hell to those who spent their evening writing up articles on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version