Author Topic: Really old campaign availability  (Read 23031 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: Really old campaign availability
Sounds good.

What is TSP?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ask an admin to create a subforum in The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
Call it "Warzone"

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
And Ill be taking a peek to recreate the Vidar, when I find some time and strenght :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Eat your Wheaties.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Please be clear...do you want to join the Warzone SCP team? As I said, Bob-san created a forum we can use for our projects(Steadfast and ROTP are being developed there, for example).

I will send a link via PM.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Please be clear...do you want to join the Warzone SCP team? As I said, Bob-san created a forum we can use for our projects(Steadfast and ROTP are being developed there, for example).

Was that pointed at me? If so, the answer is no... what I said is that I may HTLize the Vidar if I find myself some time, in the near future... Its just 1 model anyway, so if I start working on it, ill PM you so you can fire your modeler :P
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Admiral Nelson

An additional bug to look into for Warzone pulled out of old posts on the forum:

Pardon the bump, but I'm having one of the same problems Turalyon was with Warzone.  I'm at the mission "Stacking the Deck," and I am getting all primary objectives completed, getting my "congratulations and well done" messages at the mission review screen, but I then when I try to "accept" I get a message saying I can't because I failed the mission.

Another weird thing about this mission was that I could choose any weapon and any ship I wanted at the loadout stage.  Even an SF Mara.  Did this happen with anyone else besides Turalyon?

EDIT:
Bah!  Nevermind.  I just managed to get through successfully.  The original problem was caused by one of two things.  1) It didn't like me using a non-standard loadout (unlikely) or 2) The bonus objective of scanning the Vidar (which I didn't know about until this time around) was actually required for the mission to be considered "successful."  Either way, problem solved.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Bonus objectives should never be required though. That bonus objective either needs to become an invalidated primary objective or the campaign file needs to be altered to allow progress without its completion.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

Yes, I agree.  All of that stuff was cut n pasted from the old comment.  I suppose it looked as if I thought the problem was solved.... :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Should I fix that? It's a 10 secs work.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Admiral Nelson

Yep.  It may be a bit more work to fix the problem in the mission "Northwest Passage" in which the Tatenen never is able to destroy the Shivan corvette.

I see that m2258734a has done stars for the three non canon systems in Warzone already, so I can have a go at these backgrounds.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok.

Are you sure we have to coordinate the upgrading of Warzone from here?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Admiral Nelson

No, but you have not told me yet where the other location is that you want to discuss it... :)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Well, I didn't expect this to happen. Sounds really cool.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key