Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

Campaign of the Week - The Lightning Marshal

<< < (5/6) > >>

MP-Ryan:
OK, a series of posts will probably follow with more bugs, but here's one off the start:

Warning: Can't open model file <starfield01.pof>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1904
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    model_load()    stars_set_background_model()    stars_post_level_init()    game_post_level_init()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting that when loading mission 1.  It's not a showstopper, clicking no kicks you back to the load screen and you continue from there.

(Note that I'm running this campaign through the debug build expressly to identify these little issues).

Oh, and you start in the engine wake of the Actium in Mission 1... literally almost in the engine.

MP-Ryan:
One more thing... this is my nitcpicking coming out again, but the grammar in the briefings is absolutely atrocious.  Which brings me to a question about the scope of this project... are we merely updating campaigns to run with the latest SCP build and remove bugs, or are we improving them too?  I'd be quite happy to go through and edit the briefings.

karajorma:
Feel free to change that. As long as we're not talking about massive edits I think minor changes to text should be permissible.

Black Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sarafan on March 10, 2007, 07:26:57 pm ---Was that campaign ever finished? If no, is there a possibility to finish it?

--- End quote ---

Yes and No.

LM was released in chapters, so while the full campaign was never actually completed, four out of the proposed seven (I think) chapters were released as fully playable independent minicampaigns.

Sarafan:

--- Quote from: Black Wolf on May 27, 2007, 09:30:14 am ---
Yes and No.

LM was released in chapters, so while the full campaign was never actually completed, four out of the proposed seven (I think) chapters were released as fully playable independent minicampaigns.

--- End quote ---

Then aside from just restoring it, would it be possible to make a effort to finish it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version