Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

Simple question...

(1/5) > >>

starlord:
Hello to all, :)

I've recently observed the work of the FSCRP and I must say that it's addition to the various FS project has been more than a success: Allowing old campaigns to be preserved appear to be extremely appreciated by the fans.
As such, I wonder if the functionnalities of the FSCRP might also be extended to the babylon project (as it's the only TC I know of for which older campaigns were made. A very select few of which today (like tales of janus) are incompatible with the recent builds).
Of course, this remains nothing more than a question, and I hope that no harm will be made from asking, but since aside from the tales of janus, no campaigns need restoring, I thought it might be interesting to consider...

What are your points on this?

Admiral Nelson:
There is never any harm in asking. :)

I suppose that it is mostly a question of interest.  I have seen the Babylon 5 TV show maybe two or three times and no more.  Thus I haven't really thought about it.  I do believe that there is some controversy around updating TBC at present for some other reasons.

Rhymes:
Yeah, the idea of graphical updates to TBP caused a huge stir in the community, which resulted in the project leader alienating the rest of the team, who thought that supporting a mod for graphical updates, like FS2's mediavps, was a good idea.  The project leader didn't, and wound up angering the admins, his team, and the devoted fans.

He's made maybe two posts since, and that was a while ago.  Actually retooling the campaigns would probably be a bad idea with TBP. The fact is, we could start what happened in, like, February all over again.  Don't get me wrong; it's a good idea, but TBP isn't ready for it.  Besides, TBP isn't THAT old.

starlord:
Actually, far from creating a graphic update for janus, the goal would rather be for it to run under recent builds of TPB. It would be a shame to lose that campaign (especially since it's one of the only one covering the earth minbari war)... ;)

starlord:
So basically, what we would need would be a volunteer fredder to redesign the missions (since miburo is here, he might provide insight).

Although, I suppose that should you encounter said fredder, you will first plan on finishing the promising titan rebellion...

However, should someone feel fit for the job, miburo might be interested...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version