Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908349 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
War in Heaven will actually be VAed, it appears - we just said we couldn't do it on our own. But people have stepped up!

Exactly as it happened with AoA, ney?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
War in Heaven will actually be VAed, it appears - we just said we couldn't do it on our own. But people have stepped up!

Exactly as it happened with AoA, ney?

Quite so.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
IMO that's a good design strategy in general. You won't really be able to work with voicing much until you finalize the dialogue, which (at least for me) is just about when you finalize the mission. At best you'd start VAing halfway through development of the campaign itself, and VAing is such an incredibly intensive process that it would probably delay the release by more than the original development time. Voice acting in BP is truly impressive but it's not worth waiting another year for the actual release.

Director's Cut releases for the win.

And dayum- VAing for WiH is going to be incredibly hard given some of the moments the characters go through. Noemi especially is going to have a hell of a time voicing, for example, Sunglare's briefing/narrative. But judging by the standards of the BP team, I know whoever you get can pull it off :D

Getting a replacement joystick tomorrow.  My Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 died three years ago (RIP :() and since then I've done all my Freespacing with a long suffering mouse.  No longer!

Can't wait to play this through again properly, at a higher difficulty and with proper aiming.

Offline est1895

Hello. I have downloaded the new Blue Planet 2 War in Heaven, that was posted on freespacemods.net.  This version is very easy to install but I'm having trouble with mission 8 (Act 2 Apotheosis). There are a series of questions that must be answered by hitting numbers 1-4 using the keyboard; and there are about 7 questions in total.  The first time I played this Mod, I got passed this and heard music, then there was a battle.  Now when I type in the same numbers on the keyboard, I can't get past this.  I've already played missions 9-13 before.  Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Offline Qent

Hello. I have downloaded the new Blue Planet 2 War in Heaven, that was posted on freespacemods.net.  This version is very easy to install but I'm having trouble with mission 8 (Act 2 Apotheosis). There are a series of questions that must be answered by hitting numbers 1-4 using the keyboard; and there are about 7 questions in total.  The first time I played this Mod, I got passed this and heard music, then there was a battle.  Now when I type in the same numbers on the keyboard, I can't get past this.  I've already played missions 9-13 before.  Any help would be appreciated. :confused:
What do you mean "can't get past"? The battle should happen regardless of whether you succeed or fail the dialog.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Does the advice in the last stage of the briefing help at all? Or (this is a serious question, not some kind of mockery) are you a non-native speaker?

Offline est1895

Well... my broken english is not good ...so it is hard to explain. :lol:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well... my broken english is not good ...so it is hard to explain. :lol:

Can someone give him a sequence that will work?

As I recall, try flirting with her, then apologize sincerely and then assert your own skills. It should be hard to fail from that point on.

Once you've gotten a good outcome once you can skip the whole conversation from the opening menu.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i don't remember being able to skip the second time through.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
i don't remember being able to skip the second time through.

The option's right there.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
"Press Fire to skip"?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
I loved the checkpoint system (And I'm loving WiH all in all), but will we ever see it reach a level where it saves our Hull Integrity, Shields, Energy, Ammo, damaged subsystems and whetever else we'd want to save in a checkpoint? I feel kinda cheap recovering all my missiles on the checkpoint...
BTW: Sorry if that was mentioned before.
Potato!

I loved the checkpoint system (And I'm loving WiH all in all), but will we ever see it reach a level where it saves our Hull Integrity, Shields, Energy, Ammo, damaged subsystems and whetever else we'd want to save in a checkpoint? I feel kinda cheap recovering all my missiles on the checkpoint...
If I recall correctly, they had to do it that way because they ran out of variables. If they had more of those avaialable they should be able to save more precise locations, and other stats too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:21:50 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Your hull integrity should be saved, but until the engine variable limit is bumped we can't achieve higher resolution. We did all we could.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
is there a good reason for the variable limit, or is it just low on the list of priorities?  seems like increasing it should be no problem to me.  i think all our computers these days have a few more bytes to spare.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
is there a good reason for the variable limit, or is it just low on the list of priorities?  seems like increasing it should be no problem to me.  i think all our computers these days have a few more bytes to spare.

Any changes made to the engine must be done very carefully. The_E recently posted a build with the limit bumped to 250; go check it out.

Offline -Norbert-

I just managed to save the Vilnius in mission three, but Kassim still talked about seeing bodies of it's crew floating around.... and it didn't warp out either when the retreat order came.

How the deuce did you manage to save the Vilnus? it dies before I even get there T_T
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I just managed to save the Vilnius in mission three, but Kassim still talked about seeing bodies of it's crew floating around.... and it didn't warp out either when the retreat order came.

Yeah, that's a design flaw we were aware of before release but didn't fix. We'd never seen anybody save the Vilnius, but we knew it was possible, and unfortunately we just didn't get a railroad or branch in place.