Announcements > Getting Started

Hi there, I have a question.

<< < (2/3) > >>

The E:

--- Quote from: Lorric on August 24, 2013, 08:36:56 am ---
--- Quote from: headdie on August 24, 2013, 05:38:55 am ---Wings Of Dawn

--- End quote ---
What? I thought Spoon did it all on his own?

--- End quote ---

Surprised you are unaware of this, but yes, the original WoD release was all Spoon's solo work.

headdie:

--- Quote from: Lorric on August 24, 2013, 08:36:56 am ---
--- Quote from: headdie on August 24, 2013, 05:38:55 am ---Wings Of Dawn

--- End quote ---
What? I thought Spoon did it all on his own?

--- End quote ---

he did, release 1 was his own work which is one of the number things that made WoD so impressive. 
Now that WoD is out a few of the ppl here have offered on and off to assist in the continued development hence several people having WoD badges now

Black Wolf:

--- Quote from: darthdoull on August 24, 2013, 08:02:54 am ---Thanks for the suggestions but using third-party models in this instance just won't do.

I at least need a modeler to create 5 ships. Maybe I could learn how to apply textures... I have 3DX Max 8 and I've tried to follow the instructions in the modelling creation pages but I just don't have the patience for it... :sigh:

I'm also retexturing every Terran ship in the vanilla game for a new species and that's taking up most of my time lately. I need a modeler and a texturer to contribute 5 additional models for the project. I'll try my luck with posting in the modding section... Afterall, it's up to the modeler/texturer if they want to jump onboard. I'll see about creating an informative message...

Thanks for the help!

--- End quote ---

I wish you all the luck in the world, but 5 is... a large number of ships to hope for at anything like reasonable quality. One you might get, possibly two, but you're going to be enormously lucky to find someone who has  both the skill and the free time to commit to that large of a project.

I'd suggest posting exactly what you need, and seeing if there's anything that anybody else might be able to suggest, either released or possibly unfinished but available somewhere. Even if that tyens out not to be the case, you'll absolutely be better off describing what you want, an open ended 5 ship commitment is a big project to sign up for with no details.

ShadowWolf_IH:
try this:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84335.0

you can learn to texture for yourself if you can get the models done.

darthdoull:

--- Quote from: ShadowWolf_IH on August 24, 2013, 03:06:44 pm ---try this:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84335.0

you can learn to texture for yourself if you can get the models done.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, I've read that many times.

I've tried many resources but modelling just isn't my thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version