FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge [features now in FSO]

<< < (3/17) > >>

theperfectdrugsk:
Ooooo I like it.

Very very very small suggestion, you may want to allow it to have high-contrast toggled instead of being at full brightness all the time.  Again, just for consistency.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: theperfectdrugsk on October 15, 2018, 03:47:54 pm ---Ooooo I like it.

Very very very small suggestion, you may want to allow it to have high-contrast toggled instead of being at full brightness all the time.  Again, just for consistency.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Just so I can better address your suggestion, are you referring the the color contrast on the dots, or the color contrast on the text?

theperfectdrugsk:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on October 15, 2018, 04:18:40 pm ---Thanks! Just so I can better address your suggestion, are you referring the the color contrast on the dots, or the color contrast on the text?

--- End quote ---

I meant the "high contrast" toggle that you can bind to a key for use in-mission that makes the entire HUD brighter.  Right now the custom wingmen gauge is always at full brightness even when the rest of the HUD is at lower brightness.  Like I said, it's a super minor detail (especially since I always toggle the HUD to full brightness anyway).

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: theperfectdrugsk on October 15, 2018, 06:26:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: wookieejedi on October 15, 2018, 04:18:40 pm ---Thanks! Just so I can better address your suggestion, are you referring the the color contrast on the dots, or the color contrast on the text?

--- End quote ---

I meant the "high contrast" toggle that you can bind to a key for use in-mission that makes the entire HUD brighter.  Right now the custom wingmen gauge is always at full brightness even when the rest of the HUD is at lower brightness.  Like I said, it's a super minor detail (especially since I always toggle the HUD to full brightness anyway).

--- End quote ---

Oh I had completely forgotten about that! Let me see what I can do! (Hopefully there is a scripting hook that can tell when it is set.)

m!m:
This looks pretty nice :yes: The default wingman gauge was always a little limited for my tastes...

I had some previous instances where I wanted to scale the health of a ship to a color and I found out that it is better to add a second color step in the middle to avoid that ugly red/green mix. When you use a shade of orange at 50% health the progression should look a bit nicer.

EDIT: Also, your script is nicely isolated from the rest of the scripting system. Only once global variable and everything else is local. I know that may be obvious to you but I see way too many scripts that pollute the global namespace :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version