Author Topic: 3D printing figurines  (Read 15521 times)

Hey all, sorry for the necro but wanted to provide some conclusion to this thread:

Unfortunately, making a large quantity of resin-cast model is just not going to be feasible due to both the time involved, limited demand, and (imo most importantly) I am bad at making good molds (I tried like 3 times but they all came out like garbage  :ick:)

Anyways, I did finish making the full GTD Erebus 3D print set so if anyone else wants one of these sexy warships printed for themselves, they have the files to do so. This zip file contains all of the stl files required to make one of these, plus a full STL of the entire model in case someone has access to one of those crazy expensive resin printers and can just make the whole thing in one go.

The parts are separated so as to allow for easy printing in filament-deposition printers without any supports (I used my solid modeling package to add strategically placed supports in each part to enable a clean build). Each part has the same units so using the same scaling factor on all parts should work nicely.

Single and double turret models are included as well.

Download here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmX--irQdaojl4NCaLHsW0HOIXKmLw?e=EcXLpK

If anyone prints one, please post pics! I'd love to see how others fair with this.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Hey all, sorry for the necro but wanted to provide some conclusion to this thread:

Unfortunately, making a large quantity of resin-cast model is just not going to be feasible due to both the time involved, limited demand, and (imo most importantly) I am bad at making good molds (I tried like 3 times but they all came out like garbage  :ick:)

Anyways, I did finish making the full GTD Erebus 3D print set so if anyone else wants one of these sexy warships printed for themselves, they have the files to do so. This zip file contains all of the stl files required to make one of these, plus a full STL of the entire model in case someone has access to one of those crazy expensive resin printers and can just make the whole thing in one go.

The parts are separated so as to allow for easy printing in filament-deposition printers without any supports (I used my solid modeling package to add strategically placed supports in each part to enable a clean build). Each part has the same units so using the same scaling factor on all parts should work nicely.

Single and double turret models are included as well.

Download here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmX--irQdaojl4NCaLHsW0HOIXKmLw?e=EcXLpK

If anyone prints one, please post pics! I'd love to see how others fair with this.

Wow. What about the Ancient ships?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Wow. What about the Ancient ships?

I only STL'd the Erebus. I may also finish the GTD Titan at some point but probably no more past that.

Offline Urobach

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
Re: 3D printing figurines
i give it a try...

thanks for the stl. file. :D