FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

[RELEASE] NTF Reskin Pack

<< < (2/9) > >>

Iain Baker:
Love 'em! Excellent work. Putting them in a future MVP update gets my vote :-)

It is such an obviously good idea that it makes me wonder why we didn't think of it before, especially since there is precedent. For example, some mods have HoL reskins / paintjobs. Homeworld Cataclysm / Emergence has paint jobs to distinguish the imperial and republican Tiidan ships. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has different coloured versions of the same suits to distinguish between factions etc etc. There are probably other examples too.

Doh! Oh well, a they say hindsight is 20/20  :lol:

Nyctaeus:
The term you're looking for is Visual Identification, and lots of games uses it exactly to distinguish factions and make them less generic and more memorable. I loved how Blizzard handled different Protoss factions in SC2.

I would want to include them in MVPs along with other, possible reskins in the future, but as I said before, it looks like too much ingeration in FS2 vibe in general.

Colonol Dekker:
Check my sig.

I approved this years ago.

Oddgrim:
Nifty!

Trivial Psychic:
You forgot the Hecate.  True, there are no NTF Hecates seen in the main campaign, but I recall seeing one in a stand-alone multiplayer (I think) mission as ships are entering a node and you have to kill them all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version