Author Topic: Most Emotional/Impactful Moment In A Game (Possible Spoilers!)  (Read 13963 times)

Re: Most Emotional/Impactful Moment In A Game (Possible Spoilers!)
The end of BP:WiH.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
As pro galtev as I am, I really have to agree with you, mate.

Offline mxlm

I hadn't realized WiH was released. I'll go get on that.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Being forced to shoot my own buddy in Far Cry 2. (Happens if you wasted all your medkits). That was harsh, especially when she took teh gun (which I was holding), placed it on her throat, and whispered: "Do it! it's the only way!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Being forced to shoot my own buddy in Far Cry 2. (Happens if you wasted all your medkits). That was harsh, especially when she took teh gun (which I was holding), placed it on her throat, and whispered: "Do it! it's the only way!"
The first buddy I had to kill was Quarbani Singh. :(

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Not exactly emotional, but there was that moment in Oblivion where

Spoiler:
you discovered that the world you were in was actually Dagon's in the first place and that WE were the invaders.

That certainly put the whole game in perspective.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Not exactly emotional, but there was that moment in Oblivion where

Spoiler:
you discovered that the world you were in was actually Dagon's in the first place and that WE were the invaders.

That certainly put the whole game in perspective.

I actually figured that was just propaganda.  Of course, I would doubt that their religion was real at all if i didn't get buffs from praying at churches.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

The first buddy I had to kill was Quarbani Singh. :(

Michelle, right at the first time. But i bet that you get different buddies depending on the character you choose, as some of them (such as the captain of the barge in act 2) appear quite important.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The end of BP:WiH.
This. The end hit me with a sadness that only Adagio For Strings Op. 11 pulled off, not only because it was the end of the most awaited campaign of the entire year, but what happened during it.
Spoiler:
I want Simms to live.

Offline Cyker

Some great picks; Nice to know most of you have such good taste!  :D :yes:

I'm trying to remember older games just so I don't end up repeating too much...

XWA - When your home is taken over by the Imps and you're forced to flee to the
rebellion, and later when you find out Anton sold you out to the Imps. Bastards!

TIE Fighter - When Harkov makes you take out a minefield in a @#*%$& TIE Interceptor! (gitface!) And once you are assigned to Thrawn and are hunting down Zaarin. (Taste my missile boat!)

Dark Forces - The Arc Hammer level when the epic ass kicking iMUSE music kicks in. You know what I mean. (Seriously, why can't people write music for games like that any more?! Michael Land, Clint Bajakian and Peter McConnell were GODS of the iMUSE system in all early LEC games!)

Republic Commando - The ending. Seeeeeev! Why did they kill off Sev?! He was the best guy in the game!!

Day of the Tentacle - Back... to the MANSION! :eek2:

Sanitarium - The whole game is just a huge mind****!

Command and Conquer - When you first start the game with the Act on Instinct track playing

Forgotten Worlds - First meeting the final boss

Bubble Bobble - One of the secret levels (It had really spooky music! I was like, 6, and it scarred me for live! :nervous: :lol: )

Midnight Resistance - Completing it the first time and then finding I didn't have enough keys to rescue all of my family!! :eek2:

ChronoTrigger - Pretty much the whole game was a jumble of WTF?, OMG! and *sniff*

Full Throttle - The ending, the cavefish and the bunnies :lol:

Super Metroid - I don't need to say it! I'm just glad it wasn't just me... Awww...

Sonic 2 - The end song before the credits (Although the credits music rocks too)

Diablo - The Butcher  :shaking:

Doom - I went through all that and they still killed mah bunneh!!  :mad:

StarCraft 1 - When you have to abandon Kerrigan! Damn you Mengsk!! Li'l Jimmy almost scored!

System Shock 1 and 2 - Both games build pretty intense atmospheres, but the Delacroix reveal in 2 and the first time you run into a Cortex Reaper in 1 are two of my :eek: :shaking: moments.

AvP - I was on the verge of ****ting myself pretty much through the whole Marine campaign! :lol:

Thief: When the Trickster and Viktoria take Garret's eye :shaking: *ugh!*  It really galls that you have to work with her later on in the sequel too :hopping: I never finished Thief 2 tho' :(

MechWarrior 3 - Intro cutscene, where everything goes tits up straight away :lol: Frickin' lasers!  :mad:

Battlezone (The Activision one) - When you first get attacked by Furies

Ah, one more: The end of Call of Duty 4.
Spoiler:
Griggs! Gazzzz! Noooooooooooo. Stupid armless, nuke firing dude, I will shoot you in the head for that!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
silent hill 2 - whole game made me uneasy

system shock 2 - same as above

Deadspace - almost made me require a change in boxershorts, first time i played it in the dark

Realms of the haunting - freaked me out when a first played as a kid and what an intro, infact i still haven't played a game like it in length and epicness.

Fear 2 - the game wasn't the greatest but the fate of the character keegan, pulled at me, for such a good guy what alma does to him is tragic and pretty heartbraking
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Republic Commando - The ending. Seeeeeev! Why did they kill off Sev?! He was the best guy in the game!!

We never get this confirmed.  It's the equivalent of "left wide open" in Star Wars canon.  We have a mention of Delta getting a new squadmate in Order 66, IIRC, but never any further word on circumstances of his "death."

I prefer Fixer.

Quote from: Fixer
Yay!  Wookie life debts for everyone!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

OK, let's quote this

"No one's left. Everything is gone. Kharak is burning."
"WE LIVE"

"I'd say ... about 90%." -(same game)- "Full 180"

"Ahhh fresh meat !"

"What can change the nature of a man ?"

"Evacuate Chakris sector immediatly !"

"Affirmative, Sathanas configuration ! Repeat, Sathanas configuration !"

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

"-Did it trouble you to murder your brothers ? -Did it trouble you when you ordered me into the abyss ? -No, I had faith in you."

& some minor others
    "Heh, party time !"

"The complete elimination of the other"

"Come get some !"

EDIT : Almost forgot Unreal 2.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:42:18 pm by X3N0-Life-Form »

Legend of Dragoon where one of your friends is impaled to death, first-chapter.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Doom 1 was actually pretty freaky back in the old old old days. . . . Before I was fourteen I think. Cacodemons used to freak me out, the sounds. Lack of save on the snes. Playing it til three AM, glad it de-sensatised me. ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Cannon Fodder:
The three first characters in this game -Jools, Jops, Stoo must not die,otherwise i was forced to start at the begining due save game problem issues.
Also,Bioware games gets me go emo sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:54:07 pm by utops »
What if ?

Offline Cyker

<Kahn voice>Joooooools!!
I tried so hard to keep that little smeg-pot alive, and he'd ALWAYS (*ALWAYS!!!*) get killed by a roof or tank turret or something landing on his head!  :hopping:

@Dekker - I still think it is pretty scary, although as you say we're all pretty desensitized in these modern times... I think it was all down to the audio tho' - SoundFX and music are very important for atmosphere - Far more than the visuals IMHO - and it was just much better done in Doom.
The music alone sets the mood for every level, and the sound effects they picked were just so much better than the pathetic crap in, say, Doom 3, even tho' they were 22k 8-bit! (The shotgun reload sound,  the baron of hell scream and the cyberdemon's footsteps are all iconic, whereas almost all the sounds in Doom 3 sound like forgettable 44.1kHz 16-bit crap.)

Offline watsisname

HOW HAS NOBODY MENTIONED PORTAL YET!?

Poor companion cube. :(

Also the curiosity sphere. :( :( :(
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.