Author Topic: Sound bug with 3.8.0.3  (Read 2127 times)

Sound bug with 3.8.0.3
Hello,

I seem to have a minor problem with sounds in FSO (3.8.0.3). I tried several mods and campaigns, even FS 2 and FSPort. In all mods there are no engine sounds (sound for thruster appears). Also there is no sound when targeting a ship and no missile-lock-sound-effect. Every other sound seem to work properly.

When I try elder builds (like 3.7.2 or even 3.18) all sounds appear.

It makes no difference whether I start the mods with Knossos or wxlauncher.

How to solve this bug?

Offline m!m

Re: Sound bug with 3.8.0.3
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Can no one help me? :-(

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Do you have a sound card from Creative? You can try deleting or renaming the H:\FreespaceOpen\FS2\bin\FSO-3.8.1-20190514\windows\x64\OpenAL32.dll file. That's the open source replacement for Creative's OpenAL and might cause your problems. Not sure though.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
You could of course check if the latest nightly builds work, just go into Knossos settings (a gear in the top-right part of the screen), enter the "Knossos" section, and change "Preferred engine stability" to "Nightly", then save and return to the mod list. Then update FSO so that the newest build is downloaded and you should be able to run it (you might also check if it's selected in your mod settings).
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
He's already using a nightly. He could try a newer one but I doubt that's the issue here.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Ah, sorry. I've only considered the first post in this topic (without the log).
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.