Author Topic: RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign  (Read 131711 times)

Offline Culando

RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign
TFTWSD?
The fighter that wouldn't slow down. :D You snatched that from Simpsons when Homer was trying to remember the name of the movie, Speed. I peeked into it in FRED earlier today at school. Tonight I'll finally get the time to play these campaigns. And judging by these reviews, it looks like I'll have fun. :D
The boy who cried project.

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
How would I go by redoing Return to Oz, if I am currently on the mission after????

EDIT:  One minor thing, you should say something if the Mammon goes down, because that's what happened.  I'm embarrased to tell you how the shield got down to 3%.  It was like 10 seconds away from node and so i sped up time, in 2 seconds it was down to three and it jumped....
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Isn't the mission after 'Return to Oz' a red alert mission?  (Sorry, I don't remember...)  If it is, then at the bottem of the red alert briefing there should be a button that allows you to replay the previous mission.

You managed to destroy the Mammon?  (Is that even possible?)

Offline Deen

I downloaded both campaigns, played a couple missions from the SoL campaign, and I have to say It was VERY enjoyable! Great work.

Im still in the middle of  "Derelict" campaign (its kinda creepy at times), so will play you campaigns as soon as I finish it

Denis

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by kv1at3485

You managed to destroy the Mammon?  (Is that even possible?)

Tis actually. The Aeolus has a small blindspot beind its egine subsystem. If you can handle a few minutes f  engine wash while you disable it, you can blast away wit impunity.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Ah, yes, of course.  When I disabled the Mammon, I made a beeline straight back to the Custodian.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Curses! Tricksy players! Hadn't thoughts of that!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That was an irritating mission to continually fail, so I had to think outside the box :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Major bug in Sol: a History, I cannot get any weapons. Oh by the way I beat Homesick and liked it alot, nice origional storyline, you should make a sequal.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Originally posted by Triple Ace
Major bug in Sol: a History, I cannot get any weapons. Oh by the way I beat Homesick and liked it alot, nice origional storyline, you should make a sequal.

It should work... you should have a weapons table in the tables folder and the weapons art, etc. in Inferno VP files (Core and EA) what you need to play SAH.

(I must apologise to all people experiencing bugs... I do feel rather guilty that you're experiencing all these problems...)

And a sequel for Homesick has already been through pre-production and is about to enter full production, as soon as I finish playing through Derelict. It'll be a bit more conventional in nature, so you'll be able to fly more than just Lokis or Hercs, but it'll still be charting the rather complicated life of Alpha 1 and will answer a few questions from Homesick, namely what the GTVA found on Iota wing...

Offline Culando

I'm running into a rather irritating problem, and it's one I've had before in Derelict. Why it's happening, I have no clue, but Freespace is completely crasing in the 8th mission of the 2nd EAH campaign. I mean all of a sudden, BAM, I'm back on the desktop. I think it's several seconds after Delta wing arrives, but I can't tell. It's so hectic in that mission I can barely pay attention to what's happening when it crashes.

I actualy have a theory, but I'll have to look into it. I doubt it's the problem though somehow.

Edit: What do you know...I was right. It's either one of 2 things.

1.) My computer doesn't like Epsilon wing being on the wingmate display or...

2.) My computer doesn't like more than 4 wings on that display.

Because I renamed Epsilon wing to Sigma, and the mission works fine now. If anyone else has this problem, maybe they should try this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 01:41:32 pm by 212 »
The boy who cried project.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
That's... strange... aren't Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta AND Epsilon all present in the first SAH mission, 'The Last Stand'? Freaky...

I tell you, computers are POSSESSED!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Does it also have Zeta wing?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Originally posted by Goober5000
Does it also have Zeta wing?

Neither do. But EAC2-A8 has all the different signs of the zodiac! Twelve wings, that's gotta mean something!

Computers inhabited by evil demons intent on making life difficult for us fleshies - it's the only explanation.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I think the code only allows for 20 ships in wings Alpha through Zeta.  If you have more, it crashes.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Couple of quick bug reports for mission Hmsk-B5.

1) I got two depart directives. I didn't notice when they appeared because I was busy trying not to lose the support ship (I did anyway!)

2) I failed the mission and got the message stating that one followed by one saying I'd done an excellent job. Seems a bit odd to me. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
this is an incredably nice campain, I have only one word, voice-pack, if someone lists up all the lines all the charicters say that will be half the work
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Downloading!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
There's one mission I find impossible in Homesick. Even on hte easiest difficulty setting. I'm too lazy to find hte name of it :p

Its the one where a cain jumps in, you kill it. lilith jumps in, you kill it. 2 cains jump in... There's no way to stop both the Cains from destroying the Shield. I've gone straight for the beam cannons in every instance, even setting all the fighters in the mission to destroy one of them while i destroy the other, but the Shield dies every time.

Arghhhhh... Help!