Author Topic: Re: FRED crashes when I have sex  (Read 1004 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: FRED crashes when I have sex
The topic keeps locking and unlocking, I'm not sure what's going on. Happy to remove the Nazi chainsaw robot if it's a problem!

This thread is about crowdsourcing evidence on the elusive Mantis 3006, first brought to my attention when it kept eating my missions. The bug is very difficult to repro, and numerous people have reported similar cases but we haven't managed to lock down a 100% reliable repro path yet.

My current plan is to try playing with the system clock to see if faking a timeskip can cause the crash. If that fails, I'm going to try using rapid sleep/hibernation settings to trigger it in a convenient period of time. (e: not much luck with either of these  :o)

Please let me know if you spot this bug in the wild, what you left open in FRED when the crash occurred, how long it was idle, and whether your computer was recovering from sleep/hibernation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:03:23 pm by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: FRED crashes when I have sex
I'm told the concern was about 'bug threads' - I'm happy to move this 100% to Mantis once we've locked down a repro path, until then we need as many eyes on it as we can. Please get involved leaving FRED open and letting us know the results.