Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]

<< < (172/173) > >>

Krackers87:
I got the issue "cant install because etc" just now, from a fresh install of everything and having just downloaded the FSO media vps and FSP stuff. I was able to get around it by downloading 1.7.1 and just hitting update afterwards to get to 1.7.2

Goober5000:
Huh, glad that worked. :yes:

JackOfOwls:
Hi.  Using latest version of Knossos.NET to download and install SILENT THREAT: REBORN.  I get this sinister warning when I try to run it.

VerGreeneyes:
I think that's the same problem as reported here - there was a metadata update, but it still seems to be trying to load an old version of the MediaVPs. You can work around it by overriding the mod dependencies in the settings and setting "MVPS" to "Newest" (or whatever the latest version is, currently 4.7.2).

JackOfOwls:

--- Quote from: VerGreeneyes on March 12, 2024, 06:17:57 pm ---I think that's the same problem as reported here - there was a metadata update, but it still seems to be trying to load an old version of the MediaVPs. You can work around it by overriding the mod dependencies in the settings and setting "MVPS" to "Newest" (or whatever the latest version is, currently 4.7.2).

--- End quote ---

Yes, that fixed it, setting both "MVPS"s to newest, so thanks.

Edited:  I noticed that Jaded's STR version (which gave no errors at launch) had high-resolution opening cut-scenes.  Are there significant other differences, and would the added mods make it appropriate for someone relatively new to the whole Freespace thing?  I'm concerned it might have a difficulty level intended more for veteran players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version