Author Topic: Perseus in Kerbal Space Program  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Perseus in Kerbal Space Program
I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of the rocket/spaceplane construction game Kerbal Space Program.
I noticed there was a significant lack of Freespace ships. So I went ahead and "tried"  (emphasis on tried) to recreate the GTF Perseus. I only used stock parts in this one (for those who don't have KSP, Stock means no mods).

Link to forum topic: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143356-stock-i-think-gtf-perseus-interceptor/

As I said, I tried, that doesn't mean it's good.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Perseus in Kerbal Space Program
Heh, pretty good for all stock parts.  I can see what you were going for with the neck there, but I feel like using a 1.25 m part to streamline the whole thing would work better.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Great job on the wings!

That reminds me of something I did once. I tried to make a Hercules, Medusa, and a Faustus In an old version of kerbal. It only sort of worked but it was fun, I even gave the Medusa Ion-Powered torpedoes. (alas I lost the craft files)

Someone should really make a Freespace themed mod for kerbal, and maybe a kerbal themed mod for Freespace. . . .

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:44:52 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Thanks for all your replies.

Heh, pretty good for all stock parts.  I can see what you were going for with the neck there, but I feel like using a 1.25 m part to streamline the whole thing would work better.

I'll try it out.

Great job on the wings!

The new scaling function helped me out a lot during construction.

Also, the thing actually flies (when hyperedited into orbit. Didn't do any ground tests yet.) a lot like the real Perseus, when using RCS thrusters. I'll try putting some weapons on it.

I'll also try making all the other ships too. Terran ships will be easy, Vasudan and Shivan ships are a whole different story.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"