Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613837 times)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Re: What are you playing right now?
Oh boy, you guys reminded me...

... I've actually decided to touch the demo of the Met2 remake again. (And yeah, I've actually been following this project since 2008.) Oh, fond memories (the NP Super Metroid comic with Houston for one, and the manga that actually adds a layer to Zero Mission)...

Then I recently beat Wanderers from Ys again (have it on TG-16 emu). Some damn good music (personal opinion, but I think a good chunk of the PCE/TG-16 soundtrack sounds a bit better than The Oath in Felghana). Then I just found a stupidly easy way to kill Merland (Garland in all other versions)... put on Protect Ring, stand right under his chest, and just hold up+attack. Rapid-fire upward-stabbing (or whatever the technical term is)... gotta love it.

Damn it, I need to finish the Grand Palace in Zelda II. Or at least start over the whole game. I've spent so much time trying to get through it six years ago, and it's a bloody unresolved piece in my RPG catalogue. I need to prove these clowns wrong for once.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot! If anyone remembers Space Cadet (the Pinball game for WinXP 32)... yep, I got it on my Win7 craptop. Ohh man, I can't get my timing right again. I'd like to go back and try to reach the rank of Captain again (if any of you got to Fleet Admiral, I'd like to know how that experience was like).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:42:31 am by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i have space cadet on my comp also.  didn't it come with win7 though?  i don't remember installing it myself.  i've only ever managed to get the first promotion.  and only like twice at that.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
No!  BAD deathfun!  We do not recommend that game to people!
quoting for emphasis.

Oh boy, you guys reminded me...

... I've actually decided to touch the demo of the Met2 remake again. (And yeah, I've actually been following this project since 2008.) Oh, fond memories (the NP Super Metroid comic with Houston for one, and the manga that actually adds a layer to Zero Mission)...

-snip-

why isn't it out yet T_T

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
No!  BAD deathfun!  We do not recommend that game to people!

D:

Just grabbed XCOM: Enemy Within because of the LP which resparked my desire to play that awesome game
Also, with the Beach Bum update on GTA V which just came out I hopped on that for a bit. Unsurprisingly, I can't seem to play the new missions with friends because of an error with the sessions. Ah well, wait until fixed and enjoy shanking people with a broken bottle

Also Defiance and Aion still (the time suckers that they are)

I ALSO FEEL LIKE PLAYING OTHER M
"No"

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
~ insert what I said about the Metroid 2 remake here ~

why isn't it out yet T_T

Long story short (with rather bad annotation): real life problems stacked up (read the last year or two of his posts, it becomes quickly apparent).

i have space cadet on my comp also.  didn't it come with win7 though?  i don't remember installing it myself.  i've only ever managed to get the first promotion.  and only like twice at that.

Unfortunately, no. The kicker of that (from what I've read someplace else) was that there was no commentary in the source code (another company made it), hence, why they couldn't effectively find the collision detection problem.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline crizza

I couldn't resist and bought Total War: Rome 2

So far the only bug I encountered was in the prologe campaign, but nothing else.
What I don't like ist that I cannot expand settlements/Cities like I want, but it is fun to play.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I couldn't resist and bought Total War: Rome 2

So far the only bug I encountered was in the prologe campaign, but nothing else.
What I don't like ist that I cannot expand settlements/Cities like I want, but it is fun to play.

I didn't really find it particularly buggy but the Roma Surrectum II mod for the original RTW is superior in my opinion.  The odd color filter effect in Rome II makes everything look pants plus the speed of unit movement and combat in battles seems off to me.

Plus in RSII I can build specific legions.

THIRTEEN!!

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So the Enemy Within LPs have me itching to try out the new version.  Of course that means I need to pull the trigger and finish the original play through.  So after moppping up a few Interceptions and a Terror Mission I felt I was warmed up enough to go turn on the Gollop Chamber

Time to send in the First Team

This feels eerily familiar...

Well time to try out Mutant and MEC madness.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Its XCOM MEC Madness!

Unfortunately two of my operatives were so grievously injured during missions that traditional medical practices proved insufficient to restore them to full health.  Thus they volunteered for the experimental augmentation program.

One of whom was a young lady from Russia with a penchant for heavy weapons.

I wonder if I'll giver her a Tesla Fist and a fitting callsign...

You'e damn ****ing right I will.

Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character

This game is a true return to form, as far as I'm concerned. After the overly-gimmicky 12 and 13, along with rather underwhelming characters and music from 13, this is a massive improvement. Excellent music, good bullet patterns that don't rely on gimmicks so much, and a much simplified power-up system.

And, seriously, I think Raiko Horikawa may be the best boss ZUN has ever designed. Challenging yet fun bullet patterns, an absolutely awesome percussion-based theme song (fitting, considering she's the spirit of a drum set), and her final spells are actually timed rather like a drummer's beats.

On the other hand, the stage 5 boss needs to die in a fire. Flipping my perspective and controls around when I'm trying to dodge bullets is not cool! :mad:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I picked up a shiny Zelda 3DS XL that'll be used for Pokémon Y for the foreseeable future. It's good to have a handheld console again after my Game Boy Advance from over 10 years ago.

I've just gotten my first badge and am having a great time, but I must have never noticed how disturbing the game is, morally speaking -- beating wild animals to within an inch of their life until you can shove them into a ball the size of your fist, then forcing them to engage in blood sports. :nono: It is just a game, though.

Then of course there are the usual peculiar lessons we learn from video games, like how entering strangers' houses uninvited invariably results in helpful advice and useful items. :D

I must have never noticed how disturbing the game is, morally speaking -- beating wild animals to within an inch of their life until you can shove them into a ball the size of your fist, then forcing them to engage in blood sports

... taking them from their homes in the wild to spend the foreseeable future locked in your storage boxes or to be exchanged like currency with total strangers.
Spoiler:
Or just running into them in the wild, blasting them with fire, and leaving their unconscious body behind for the elements and/or predators (what do you really think wild pokemon eat?)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
(what do you really think wild pokemon eat?)
Berries(tm), obviously. Don't want to hurt the sensibilities of vegans.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Lorric

Read some pokedex entries. Many pokemon prey upon each other.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Read some pokedex entries. Many pokemon prey upon each other.

And here we see a pack of wild Zangoose, preparing to feast on the innards of their primary prey...
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

Ah yes, in the cartoon the poke'mon are often fed meat as well.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And here we see a pack of wild Zangoose, preparing to feast on the innards of their primary prey...
*snip*
They actually implemented stuff like that into Pokémon X and Y during horde encounters - for example, you can get four Zangoose and one Seviper in a horde and the Zangoose will attack the Seviper instead of your Pokémon. :P

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Bizarrely, none of these sorts of objections appear in Wikipedia's section on criticism of the Pokémon franchise.

EDIT: I even read the criticism of the movie from a Christian website that was mentioned there. It briefly referred to some of those things in passing but nothing more than that.

Ah yes, in the cartoon the poke'mon are often fed meat as well.
Reminds me, is there anything in the official lore about Pokémon as meat for human consumption? A quick search of the Wikipedia article for "meat" and "food" didn't turn up anything. It'd kinda make sense that at least some types would get eaten, given that they're the local fauna. Maybe they're considered too sacred or something to be used as food, or maybe the idea was considered to be too disturbing to little kids, who knows.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:36:39 am by jg18 »

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
At the very least Farfetch'd is supposedly rare because they were eaten, but that was only mentioned in the anime.