Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 614070 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
At the very least Farfetch'd is supposedly rare because they were eaten, but that was only mentioned in the anime.

Nope, the early Red/Blue games mentioned it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There was a Magikarp cooked up on a platter way back in the anime's past.  Me, I want some Tauros steaks.  Mmmmm.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
There's also the incidence where Ash's first response after actually catching his first pokemon (you know, the Krabby that didn't just trip all over itself to get a trainer) he calls Professor Oak, who is eating tofu.  His response?  That Oak had better not be eating his Krabby.

Offline Lorric

There was a Magikarp cooked up on a platter way back in the anime's past.  Me, I want some Tauros steaks.  Mmmmm.

I wasn't even looking for it! :lol:

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Started playing XCOM again. Didn't take long for me to remember why I stopped playing it last time.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Metroid Prime 3
Difficulty - Veteran
98% complete
Total time 15:47

beat Metroid Prime 2 a few days ago.
I am impressed. Congratulations, sir.

i just got metroid prime.  i'm brand new to the series.  is there any value to playing through super metroid first?  got it for free, and played a little bit, but it feels REALLY tedious so far.

Tedious? To each their own, I suppose, but I find Metroid Prime to be among the best single player games that I have ever played. It takes a lot for a single player game to keep my interest for long, but I found Prime to be a blast from start to finish. Prime 2 is a fantastic game too, but it's a lot less clear as to what you're supposed to do, and getting constantly lost isn't very fun or immersive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:49:44 pm by Nakura »

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
i just got metroid prime.  i'm brand new to the series.  is there any value to playing through super metroid first?  got it for free, and played a little bit, but it feels REALLY tedious so far.

I would say Super can be a good starting point if you're stepping into the franchise (it's arguably the best 2D game of the lot, and a good gateway, as you're told the plot of the first two in the prologue).

Decided to play the Special Ops in Modern Warfare 2. God, Homeland Security was a pain in the ass.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I suppose technically not playing but I picked up RPG maker XP seeing as it works out at £12.21, reasonable powerful and fairly reasonable when it comes to needing how tos
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
"We cast aside our humanity in order to defeat monsters"

XCOM Enemy Within

All Field Operations Completed.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Playing Guacamelee on PS3. Very good Metroidvania-style game, comes highly recommended.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Somehow I'm imagining Chacarero employees getting in a rumble with a rival Chilean sandwich shop.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Grabbed Skryim on the Autumn sale, and got sucked up into it pretty good. That is a drop-dead gorgeous game, makes Oblivion look like poo. Anyway, it seems to have largely broken my addiction to World of Tanks, though I still get on a few times a week.
Also still The Pokemans XY.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Starbound
This is what happens when you come up against something more powerful than you.
"No"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Basically the same as Terraria, in other words.

A Feddie Story

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Minus the part where Terraria bosses phase through blocks!

Really enjoying this game though. It's ridiculously fun and the fact there are so many god damned worlds is also pretty great.
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Still working on Just Cause.  The main story missions are pretty generic, and all the side stuff is very repetitive, but it's fun enough for what it is, and the act of mowing down government troops to liberate a village is satisfying in and of itself.  What does stand out is that the game is absolutely gorgeous for something released in 2006; the world is who knows how many square miles' worth of beautiful mountainous tropical islands.  It's one of those rare titles that brings to mind the philosophizing about gaming as a medium...just why are we almost always shooting the hell out of stuff?  I think I could spend hours just driving/flying/sailing around these islands and getting into assorted shenanigans.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
While it was completely unnecessary in the current system for KSP, I'm really glad I added an abort stage when only one of the SRBs came off in career.

A Feddie Story

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Sooo I just finished Mass Effect I. Having played BG2 I am surprised they did so bad with this one. In BG2 you end up in Amn, a place you don't know, where you don't know anyone and you have to find a way to deal with this whole Irenicus and stuff, so its logical that things will go quite slow. Plenty of room for exploration, side quests and stuff. But ME? You learn pretty fast about the real danger, and its really time-sensitive. I mean, if Saren finds the conduit and you are not there, everything is lost! You don't have any time for bull****. ANY. But the game bombards you with side quests anyway! Go here, go there, save my puppy, you have to! My playthrought took me only 15 hours because I coldn't accept this kind of crap. If I'm short on time I'm short on time, I don't bother about side crap. Bioware once knew how to set this stuff up. Knowing also DA, I'm surprised they lost this ability. Now on to MEII![because I doesn't allow me to freeplay apparently]

EDIT: what. ****ing. CERBERUS. NETWORK?!
ME II has just reminded me why I only play old or indie games recently.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:35:47 am by Kobrar44 »
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So... you're complaining that BioWare lets you set your own priorities?

Cerberus shows up in something like 20 percent of the side-quests, it feels like.  Just because you don't encounter them doesn't mean they're not there.

I think "Cerberus Network" anger refers to EA's "We have to check your game every single damn time you turn it on to make sure it's legit." douchebaggery.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"