Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613820 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What are you playing right now?
Wtf is that?^^

B-R, EVE Online. Titans died everywhere. It was glorious.

The smallest visible ships in that are dreadnaught-class.

The good guys won

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There are always, and only, bad people. But some of them are good posters. The forces of goodposting won.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Any idea what tank line you're going to go down?  Also, we have a thread here for fellow HLP-ers who tank.

Protip: U.S. heavy line gets brutally trolly at tier 7 and 8 thanks to nigh-impenetrable front mantlets.  Not much else in the game is tough enough to stop a direct hit from a 152mm APCR round.

Germany i think, but that may change. Still trying to get the hang of it.
What is an "old nazi plate"?

One puts food on it then goebbels it up.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
NPCs in skyrim are really starting to annoy me.  my follower keeps getting into fights with quest-releated NPCs.  and yesterday i ended up in a fight with one of them because he jumped in the way of a shout.  i would love to get rid of my follower, but i find her quite necessary to help deal with the insane difficulty spikes as well as carry things.
I like to stare at the sun.

Beat Kingdom Hearts, moving on to Chain of Memories.

Apparently there's a second story after you beat Sora's game, so that means I'm nearly at the halfway mark.

Whoever had the idea of card-based battle systems needs to be banned from ever working on video games ever again. This isn't too bad in that the randomness factor is almost not there, but limiting the actions I can take in a real-time battle to a fixed set that must be recharged is a STUPID design decision, IMO.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Slowly poking my nose into W:ALB

I'm only Lvl 2 so my access to all the hardware at the moment is still locked but I've put together a preliminary decks for PACT and NATO.  I based it on my EE experience as well as some info I gleaned from a WALB specific guide.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
NPCs in skyrim are really starting to annoy me.  my follower keeps getting into fights with quest-releated NPCs.  and yesterday i ended up in a fight with one of them because he jumped in the way of a shout.  i would love to get rid of my follower, but i find her quite necessary to help deal with the insane difficulty spikes as well as carry things.

Followers are for the weak ;)

I know what you mean about the odd difficulty spikes, but I've avoided followers generally and managed to deal with everything that's come my way.  Mostly through stealth, which followers significantly impede.

The weight limit is generally overcome by hoarding only expensive items and regular fast-travel.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Finally wrapping up the singleplayer of Retrovirus.  What sucks is that multi looks pretty dead. :(

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Slowly poking my nose into W:ALB

I'm only Lvl 2 so my access to all the hardware at the moment is still locked but I've put together a preliminary decks for PACT and NATO.  I based it on my EE experience as well as some info I gleaned from a WALB specific guide.

I believe in WALB all units are unlocked from the start, no unlocks like in W:EE. Those decks are actually legit solid, though I'd probably cut to get some cheaper recon, and you want to have more quality heliborne infantry for the opening land grab in both factions. It's probably also worth cutting your base Tunguskas for the high-end variants.

Followers are for the weak ;)

I know what you mean about the odd difficulty spikes, but I've avoided followers generally and managed to deal with everything that's come my way.  Mostly through stealth, which followers significantly impede.

The weight limit is generally overcome by hoarding only expensive items and regular fast-travel.

dremora butler, man

dremora butler
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Stuff

I believe in WALB all units are unlocked from the start, no unlocks like in W:EE. Those decks are actually legit solid, though I'd probably cut to get some cheaper recon, and you want to have more quality heliborne infantry for the opening land grab in both factions. It's probably also worth cutting your base Tunguskas for the high-end variants.

Okay, so I noticed all the missing hardware are "prototypes" so no Mig-29Ms, Kpz 70s, T-80Us, etc.  Sounds like I have a settings issue I need to change? 

No Recce Jeeps?  My thinking was moving around heliborne infantry becomes prohibitive once OpFor establishes their IADs, whereas some cheapo jeeps are a little more flexible?

(I noticed some of the recce infantry are essentially a sniper team, I don't suppose they could assassinate unarmored CVs from afar because that would be a hoot)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't think snipers will be able to take out unarmored CVs from afar, alas. I think you should always have access to cheap recon infantry so that you can throw out pickets in woods across the front line and down your MSR. Your recces in Kasatkas are great but the transports make them too expensive to call in in bulk.

To unlock the prototype units you need to select a deck restriction - USSR only, Sweden only, that kind of thing.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Oh

woops

I didn't notice how expensive the little Kamovs are, just saw the option to ride my Spetnaz in contra rotor Helixs and went squee. I'll swap then into Hinds or Mi-17s. 

So only prototypes for nation specific?  So I need to say forgo MANPADS for KPZ-70s and Leo 1A5s...

Balls
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:44:04 am by StarSlayer »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
ancient dragons.  **** those bastards.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I should probably stop playing Dota 2. At the beginning I was quite a gentle guy, like "Could you not rush alone? You are pointlessly getting yourself killed". I am not this way anymore. Not at all.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think that game--hell, the entire genre--winds up having a toxic effect on anything it touches.

I like playing DOTA style games, but I hate playing with randoms, so I avoid doing so when possible.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh

woops

I didn't notice how expensive the little Kamovs are, just saw the option to ride my Spetnaz in contra rotor Helixs and went squee. I'll swap then into Hinds or Mi-17s. 

So only prototypes for nation specific?  So I need to say forgo MANPADS for KPZ-70s and Leo 1A5s...

Balls

West Germany is actually a pretty solid nation-specific restriction. You lose access to USA's boondoggles and some of the superb French infantry, but you have the Marder Roland (which is superb AA), the Leopard 1A5, the Leopard 2A4 King of Tanks That Aren't T-80s, and quality infantry like Jagdkommandos and Jagers.

I think the only thing that REALLY hurts is that West Germany doesn't have any flame or napalm.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yep I put together a Bundeswehr Deck and they are pretty solid.  So far I've been cutting my teeth on the skirmish mode and it pretty fun.  Mouse navigation around the map is a little sloppy compared to EE and maintaining logistics quite a bit tougher but overall I'm really liking it so far.  The Urban Warfare mechanics and Air Power really add some great elements to the game.

Granted you don't really notice it as much during battle but the stuff going on on the ground is pretty amazing.  EE was very pretty but I happened to zoom in on a Huey zapping some BRDM with its door gun and the tracers were literally ricocheting all over the place just like in real life.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I should probably stop playing Dota 2. At the beginning I was quite a gentle guy, like "Could you not rush alone? You are pointlessly getting yourself killed". I am not this way anymore. Not at all.
I've said before that DOTA 2 could turn the nicest person into a god damned demon.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL