Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora 3rd Party Missions, Mods & Campaigns

CNP hack, FREDing and a few plans & questions

(1/2) > >>

Hlicat:
After messing about in the editor, doing a few simple skirmish type things to get used to the easy and basic stuff. I started to wonder about, if I were to get into this more. Is there actually a way you might be able to simulate the CNP hack?

I read somewhere the mention of a Valkyrie, I do hope at some point we get other battlestars such has the Valkyrie, as I'd love to do missions revolving around the fall of the planets. The story of Battlestars and pilots which regrouped only to fall to the CNP. Though, I am not quite sure how I might do it just yet

But that's what I would plan to do with the editor, whether it'd reach a point where I'd actually release it or not, I'm not sure. I've also never really done anything with it before (Or played Freespace 2 for that matter!), but I'll be testing and playing around with it until I can produce missions I'd be happy with. And certainly look forward to the continuation to the main campaign too.

So it may become just a little personal mission, or perhaps even become something I'll release. Which I'll try aim for. But first, lots of practicing to do!

karajorma:

--- Quote from: Hlicat on September 12, 2012, 09:32:56 pm ---After messing about in the editor, doing a few simple skirmish type things to get used to the easy and basic stuff. I started to wonder about, if I were to get into this more. Is there actually a way you might be able to simulate the CNP hack?
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't be hard. All you need to do is tell the AI to play dead and you'll pretty much get the effect you're after.

--- Quote ---I read somewhere the mention of a Valkyrie, I do hope at some point we get other battlestars such has the Valkyrie, as I'd love to do missions revolving around the fall of the planets. The story of Battlestars and pilots which regrouped only to fall to the CNP. Though, I am not quite sure how I might do it just yet
--- End quote ---

The plan is to centre each release around one one of the battlestars. R1 was the Sobek class (i.e the Theseus). R2 will definitely be centred around one and we'll be making the official announcement about which one soon (although it's kind of an open secret anyway).

--- Quote ---But that's what I would plan to do with the editor, whether it'd reach a point where I'd actually release it or not, I'm not sure. I've also never really done anything with it before (Or played Freespace 2 for that matter!), but I'll be testing and playing around with it until I can produce missions I'd be happy with. And certainly look forward to the continuation to the main campaign too.

So it may become just a little personal mission, or perhaps even become something I'll release. Which I'll try aim for. But first, lots of practicing to do!

--- End quote ---

Well if you have any questions, just ask.

Hlicat:
That's some pretty helpful information. And I'm glad to hear we'll be getting some other point of views with other Battlestars. I already cannot wait.

I guess I'll be posting any other questions when I come across any other problems, or need help with anything. Right now, it's just playing about and getting used to the basic features of the editor. Something I always enjoy doing. Nothing more awesome than making your own stories and battles.

Thanks for the help so far!

Aether:
The EMP trigger effect in that mission with the Gemenon Heart would also give a nice first-person CNP hack effect. Although it's be hard to write in how you managed to survive a CNP hack.

David cgc:
You could have first-person narration describing how the player-character manages to switch to manual. Or have the character eject and be rescued.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version