Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91835 times)

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Ungh. I'm not sure how this is going to go down, so I'm just going to shut my eyes and hope for the best.

The story started when I felt that I needed a bit of a break from standard FS2-work (which is FREDding) and decided to indulge in that other FS2-activity, the likes of which I have not seen in months - actually playing the damn game.

(Proper playing, not playtesting, which doesn't really count.)

I think "Hey, playing Derelict again might be nice, no? Bring back some memories of the days when FS2 was just a game and not a sucking vortex of non-time, consuming your soul from the inside-out, eh?" And I agree, surprise surprise.

However, Derelict uses the old backgrounds.

I don't like the old backgrounds.

I like the new ones, the ones Lightspeed made, because they're pretty and stuff. The old ones, however... ick.

So I got a big huge stars.tbl together and went through all the missions, putting nice backgrounds in them. One for each of the systems: Tau Sigma, Altair, Phi Eridani, Tania Australis... so on, so forth.

The problem was that while I was there, I couldn't help correcting some of the many minor errors that plague the grand-daddy of all campaigns. A directive here, a lack of AWOL debriefing there... was that so much to ask?

Not as such, though it did utterly negate my original intention of having some down-time. But I did play it through, and it has been fixed, although I doubt that I got them all... but regardless, it is here.

'Cause, like, I thought I should share the wealth with all of you.

So: Derelict

Also required: FSO 3.6.5 with accompanying Media VPs; Lightspeed's Backgrounds Sets 1-6

(I hope the original Derelict crew won't return from the grave to rend me into chunks after I finished what they, uh, had already finished before... um...)

Some users have reported problems completing the "Said the Spider to the Fly"  mission. This file should fix the problem. Download and add it to Derelict\Data\Missions (assuming you've installed to \Derelict of course) - Karajorma
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:13:42 am by karajorma »

Cool, I will have to give it a try...

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Good god I gotta play this now :)  but

Does anyone have those LS nebulas? because i need them and i don't have them
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Set 4

Set 5

Set 6

...and I've run out of space. Don't think I can put off getting new hosting any longer...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol: Super! :yes:

Offline Nuclear1

:D Awesome. Will download later. :yes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
get the voice acting scripts, the one thing they were going to do and should have done but never did, you can get it half done just by makeing a list of all the lines of all the missions the file name they should use and who is saying them.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Don't.  At least, not yet.  The next thing on my list of stuff to do is to finish the voice acting manager for FRED.  One that's done, you can click a button and export an entire campaign script. ;7

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
.........sweet :eek2:
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Blaise Russel
(I hope the original Derelict crew won't return from the grave to rend me into chunks after I finished what they, uh, had already finished before... um...)

Kind of hope they do actually. :p I've said before that if I thought it would bring them back I'd do something like this to Deralict myself :D

Once we'd pointed them at the SCP they'd have a hard time leaving again :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
wow Derelict-Blaised Edition must be a great one
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline mitac

Great, BR. It's been years since I played that, a good point to do it again.

Just one question on those nebulas - all six packages include stars.tbl; are the tables required to be somehow joined? Otherwise, they'd be overwritten by the subsequent package.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Great, i can now playing to this since the old one was not available in download.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Don't use the LS tables. The VP already contains the appropriate stars.tbl which allows for all the different nebulae. So 's already sorted.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Blaise Russel
Also required: FSO 3.5.6
You mean 3.6.5?

Offline mitac

Thanks, BR. :)

Edit : ah, the Spelling Inquisition hits it again. :)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Re: Re: RERELEASE - Derelict
Originally posted by Goober5000
You mean 3.6.5?

Uh, um... dah...

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
me thinks this should be newsified and/or highlighted....
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
B.R. If I were to make a knightly order you'd be among my first recruits and probably the first knight too.

A-1 Super Job.

If only Top Ace gave in to the temptation....

:devil:
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Eh, compatriot?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.