Author Topic: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread  (Read 142932 times)

Offline Volta

Re: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread
Hello, i am not sure if i am doing this error report correctly so please bear with me since just joined recently  :p

I have a problem with the VN part of the 'Escape from high school' mission and i also have massive performance problems with the APGN part of the Mod (Especially the Visual Novel events in general since the FPS drops to 20 to even 12 fps or worser depending how many people are on screen).

The interrogation part seems to just not work at all for some reason and just throws a debug error on me.
I never had a problem in this mission in the past because i played part 2 when it came out, maybe this new update makes some problems?

Gonna dump some logs here

The FS2 log: https://pastebin.com/21BM3yMZ
Ninth beta tester bug (happens only when i run on debug mode): https://pastebin.com/HpHT6P4w
interrogation: asking a person: https://pastebin.com/ch0PhF3X
interrogation: press statement: https://pastebin.com/nb7DwG4E

Offline Axem

Oh no. :( I will take a look later tonight and try to rectify the issue.

Offline Axem

Okay, I think I fixed the problem and possibly improved some performance. Let me know if the VN scenes work smoother for you. The first time an animation plays, there will always be a little big of lag, but after it loops through it tends to get better.

Actually I did forget to fix that Ninth Beta Tester LOD mismatch warning, but its harmless. You can just hit continue and the game won't suffer.

Offline Volta

I got another crash but this time it's the 'Get Revengance' mission, i can't advance where i can choose which pilot i want to take with me right at the start of the mission to fight the tenth beta tester.
Am i the only person who has those crashing issues? i mean it's strange that nobody reports these at all  :nervous:

It crashes on both the normal and debug build but i used the debug build again to get more info out of the error : https://pastebin.com/rcGmSeZX

Offline Axem

Ack, no. That's my bad. There was a config file that was missed during the last export... Should all be good on Knossos now... (I hope :nervous: )

Offline Volta

I finished the game again without any problems now  :yes:

But i found another bug in the 'Escape from high school' mission if you advance to the school to catch the ninth beta tester without the conversation text being finished (extra problematic for people that want to rush it and have text to speech on by default) it just cuts to a blackscreen and not even restarting seems to fix the issue, the only way to fix it is to restart the game but then again you can avoid it by not rushing super fast.

And now to JADXA: is it normal that i can't choose alex's ship in any of the arcade missions? i was pretty sure i could play as him in the pre-knossos builds.
I also suffered a crash on the reflection boss when i shoot like a full load of rainbow rockeye missiles on him when he was reflecting my shoots.
I don't think i noticed anything else right now, so if you excuse me i am gonna see a doctor before i become also infected by the beta tester virus  :lol:

Thanks for making such crazy wonderful mods!

Offline Axem

Glad you were able to complete it. :) The Selkie should be available... I'll add that issues and the one with the Ninth to my to-fix list to look at in the next week or so.

Offline Campel

Got this Error as i wanted to start the Game, pls help. Need to safe the Galaxy with Alpha 1!

https://fsnebula.org/log/5be456accb0d335702013955

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
You need to use a nightly build.  Until this is fixed, change preferred stability to nightly in Knossos settings.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:04:16 am by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Campel

Thank you, it worked  :D

Just saw the release thread for 2.23!  HYPE GOT!!

So... for some reason I still cannot figure out, I have not been able to get Knossos to work properly on my Linux Mint install.  It runs.  It even installs and runs a significant fraction of the mods available.  But not JAD 2.X, Blue Planet, or a slew of others.  I've been able, by bits and pieces, to get things to work by using the FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar, a deb install of wxLauncher I managed to find.  For a couple of mods that are only offered on the Knossos platform, I figured out how to download the files manually from Nebula and concoct my own mod.ini files.

Of course, I'd love to figure out what the heck is up with Knossos and Mint, but for right now, I settle for knowing what the new 2.21, 2.22, and 2.23 dependencies are so I can download what I need and write my own mod.ini's.  Can you give me any pointers?

Thanks, and you are AWESOME!!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Axem

'Kay, so to run the latest JAD (I just released updates for 2.21 and 2.22, so make sure to get those!), you need FSO19 RC2 and the latest MediaVPs.

My recommended command line is:
-emissive_light -post_process -soft_particles -fxaa -fb_thrusters -enable_shadows -no_vsync -dualscanlines -targetinfo -3dwarp -warp_flash -fullscreen_window -output_scripting -missile_lighting -ambient_factor 60 -bloom_intensity 30

I hope that's enough. I'm exhausted in doing the final prep, so if you don't have things all cool by tomorrow, we can figure something out.

Worked like a champ!  Thanks, and merry Christmas!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

So in M10B CAAAAAAAAKE EEEEEAAAATERRRRRRRR I'm getting retail wingman and command persononas(retail command for ships jumping in - hostile configuration and a retail pilot persona telling me to evade from "Holley"). Holley also got a few other JAD persona speaking as her though a few messages were actually using the correct Holley persona.

This breaks my immersion and makes the campaign literally unplayable, plsfix.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Forced Feeding has auto-messages as well.

Offline Axem

So in M10B CAAAAAAAAKE EEEEEAAAATERRRRRRRR I'm getting retail wingman and command persononas(retail command for ships jumping in - hostile configuration and a retail pilot persona telling me to evade from "Holley"). Holley also got a few other JAD persona speaking as her though a few messages were actually using the correct Holley persona.

This breaks my immersion and makes the campaign literally unplayable, plsfix.

Holley is just doing impersonations to impress Anna. It is a talent never mentioned before and never mentioned again after.

It looks like something is super borked with the messages.tbl. I have no idea what so I'm just going to disable built in messages there for now. The mission after is probably going to have issues too...

I'll release a patch for that tomorrow unless you find some game halting bug that doesn't let you pass.

Forced Feeding has auto-messages as well.

That makes sense though, doesn't it? There's lots of wingmen there.

I thought something like built in messages would be condemned in JAD.  :p

Anyway, in "The Power of Friendship" I'm immediatly dumped into DB once Delta 1 arrives, telling me that Holley died (even with full hull); yet I'm able to proceed to the next mission and find her pretty much alive.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:25:27 am by Nightmare »

Offline Axem

She's just faking being sick!

Which MediaVPS? Which build? What should the mod.ini look like (using Ubuntu 16.04 here, so Knossos doesn't work...)?

Thanks for answering and providing the mod.