Author Topic: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade  (Read 38334 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade
Just a heads up - you can actually do Diaspora-style glides by decoupling your engine with caps lock and using the 'qweasd' keys for translating. If by head tracking you mean looking around the cockpit then yeah you can do that, but I don't think it has trackir support or anything like that.

Without the main engines available for forward thrust, that is almost useless.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Game keeps crashing on me. :( It was super slow in the hangar (despite low resource usage), so I edited some .cfg files. Now it doesn't work at all. :(

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Just a heads up - you can actually do Diaspora-style glides by decoupling your engine with caps lock and using the 'qweasd' keys for translating. If by head tracking you mean looking around the cockpit then yeah you can do that, but I don't think it has trackir support or anything like that.

Without the main engines available for forward thrust, that is almost useless.

Pretty much yeah, although you can get around it a bit by using the afterburner since it still works in decoupled mode oddly enough. I suspect they might remedmy that however. :( We should convince them to allow main engines in glide mode.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I personally fancy the 4 hoursmen design the most. Mostly because it doesn't look like a giant space attack helicopter and the engines are cool.

Should be happy then; it won.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I am pleased.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

What's the deal with this game? I read this article:

http://www.gamefront.com/star-citizens-fundraising-could-end-up-hurting-the-game/

Star Citizen raised 49 million and is still asking for more money? Howabout finish the game. Sell it. Then add features post-launch as money pours in. Plus it sounds like they're spending 150K a ship before the game mechanics are even down.

Million bucks for a space plant? Wtf.
<<Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom.>>

That's literally like a million-dollar pre-order bonus. Special hat for your TF2 character. People giving them money to do the job that people already gave them money to do. Hope everyone who gave cash to this thing doesn't get shafted in the end.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:23:11 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
The game has been huge for months and months now, this stupid little space plant isn't going to make a difference. I don't blame for continuing to ask for money. What are they going to do, stop selling the game? Nah, I've been concerned about bloat since they promised ground combat. The only saving grace is that because of early access we won't have to wait for all of random bloat features to be added to the game to play it. Besides, it's not like I've been mindlessly throwing money at them every time there's a new funding goal, and I'm betting that 99% of the people who've paid into the game have only done it once.

Offline Lorric

Here's a list of all the stretch goals for anyone who's interested. It's a looooooong list.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Alien languages for $50M.

Yeah I haven't been following it but if they have stretch goals about creating alien languages and such it kinda seems kinda frivolous. From an outsiders perspective it seems like a company which has problems defining their scope, trying to create the ultimate game on a relatively small budget. I hope in the long run it doesn't become another spore or daikatana. 

I think they definitely made a mistake by scheduling the persistent universe after basically every other proposed component. Nobody bought into the hype and put down crowdfunding money because they wanted Squadron 51 or a planetside lounge; what people went crazy for was the idea of multiplayer Freelancer and being able to run their own space freighters and militias and pirate companies and so on. Elite Dangerous, meanwhile, have chosen to build all the non-space sim goodies after the game their fans and backers actually want, and are set to release it a year earlier as a result.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Parias

I think they definitely made a mistake by scheduling the persistent universe after basically every other proposed component. Nobody bought into the hype and put down crowdfunding money because they wanted Squadron 51

You mean Squadron 42 - the singleplayer "Wing-Commander-esque" campaign component with full co-op play?

Why wouldn't people want that? It was one of several primary reasons why I backed.

Offline Aesaar

I backed for mods.  Probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for moddability.  The campaigns in CR's past games haven't given me much hope for Squadron 42. 

I'm hoping the game supports user-made campaigns and not just persistent universe-type play.  I'd love to reproduce Freespace 2 and BP in CryEngine.

And for once I agree with Phantom and Akalabeth.  They really need to stop the feature creep.  More money doesn't mean more time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:18:36 am by Aesaar »

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Sorry for the mini-necro, but for those who have backed this, what level pledge did you make? I'm curious to try it out, but it looks like to get the Arena Commander dogfighting module, I'd have to spend at least $45. That seems like a lot to try out an alpha.

I'm trying to think of it like I'm purchasing a normal full priced game ($60) except I'm going to have to wait (2 years? *cough*) for the full release. Also, if I were to pick a $60 ship package, does that mean I don't get the dogfighting module? Their pledge price structure seems to be a little confusing to me.

Any insights folks might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated! :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
'Scout' level, which was 30 bucks
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
I still need an invitation to the HLP organization. Or I might search for it and apply

My ships have changed too, damn that anniversary sale right now. New ship Roster: RSI Aurora LN, F7C-M Super Hornet, Drake Cutlass Blue, Anvil Carrack

Might melt one of those for a Constellation though if I see a good deal for one with more than 6 months insurance.

Oh and I also made a organization of my own which will deal solely with intelligence and information broking. If anyone is interested in that, check it out and apply.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:30:48 pm by Sarkoth »
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Aesaar

I sold my pledge package (Weekend Warrior LTI) for 320$.  Originally bought it for 180$.

[12:03.06] <Aesaar> I don't care what else it is, SC is the only game I've ever not played that has made me a profit

MatthTheGeek and The_E are apparently also selling their packages.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:57:36 am by Aesaar »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
IIRC, did they change it so now you can be part of 2-3 organizations?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
I'm part of three organizations right now and it seems not to be capped. You can only have one "main" organization though where you can have a key position in. And I ended up buying a Freelancer MIS as well. That's my budget cap. Actually it's far beyond already.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Oh, then I might join HLP org too. No rush tough.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Oh dear, the anniversary sale completely emptied my wallet. I'm past unlocking concierge. Ouch.