Author Topic: Official FRED Contest Announcement  (Read 73675 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Official FRED Contest Announcement
The heat here is incredible..and I don't have air conditioning in my room. Bathing in the sea helps only for a short while.

I can't think, I can work - I don't even tun on my Pc untill later in the day when the heat wears off a bit!!!

Gah.. I have barely managed to put these 5 missions in a respecateble shape. That's enough - I'm sending them in as tehy are.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nuclear1

Yay, pressure! I thrive on it. :nervous:

Anyway, I am nearly done with the mission. It should be ready for submission later tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

EDIT: Goob, would it possible for you to say who has submitted, just out of curiousity?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 04:25:31 pm by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
not pressue by you - HEAT by the sun.

and you can't win!

[Gandalf vice] You Shall Not Win!!!![/Gandalf voice]
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
can i still get this in by the 4th? >_<
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You'd need a damn good reason why you couldn't finish it earlier before I'd even consider it. My dog ate FRED just won't cut it :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
What about a single word excuse - "EVE" - ? :p ...

Bah, i'll get it done by tomorrow i guess :nervous:
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
You'd need a damn good reason why you couldn't finish it earlier before I'd even consider it. My dog ate FRED just won't cut it :p

Memory issues?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

And I thought I was starting late a week into July.  Why the hell did everyone decide to start two days before the deadline?  FRED is a hobby, unlike a lab report, so why the procrastination?

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by BlueFlames
And I thought I was starting late a week into July.  Why the hell did everyone decide to start two days before the deadline?  FRED is a hobby, unlike a lab report, so why the procrastination?

The problem sometimes can be hardware related.....my earlier rig couldn't support FS2open, or FRED2 very well either. I only got my new rig working on the 29th, and then I had to re-install all my applications, leaving me only half of sunday (the remaining half was spent out) to actually get to any serious FREDding effort.

At the current rate of work and what-not, hte earliest I can submit an original mission would be the 7th or 9th at the least.....but I've already submitted a sub-par entry, so at least I got some bases covered :/
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline mr.WHO

Do those missions will be avalible to public D-load after contest?

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
hmm....good question...........

btw - I cant seem to be able to send it over to you guys via mail - it gives me a mail delivery notification error or something.....any idea what's wrong? I sent it to [email protected] as adviced in the first post...

edit - sent it over again. If you recieve a mail with the Desperation C2 missions in it, it's mine.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:56:47 am by 1259 »
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't see any sign of it on Gmail at the moment. The address does seem to be working though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by mr.WHO
Do those missions will be avalible to public D-load after contest?

After the contest is over, I believe they will be making available all of the missions for download along with comments and ratings on each mission (and of course, who won).

I can understand the procrastination, being a hardcore procrastinator myself. But this time around I just got it over and done with right away. Doing missions takes more time than I'd like, so I didn't want to leave it to the end and run out of time.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
my mission's plugging along just fine now, i should get in by either tonight or tomorrow. :D :)

Offline Nuclear1

Tonight is the deadline though. Unless Goober/kara/Blaise give an extension on it, I think tonight's the latest it can go in.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
in that case... *works furiously* :nervous:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There will be no extensions.  The contest has been in the news for six weeks now. :p

Maybe this will inspire people to submit their missions early in next year's contest. ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
if it's been in the news for 6 weeks, how come i didn't notice the actual contest? :p
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 03:36:30 pm by 2299 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Maybe you're not very observant?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
probably. :p