Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Ghost no more

<< < (2/6) > >>

Taristin:
I know I fixed it on my version, but I don't think I was able to release mine. :doubt: Hopefully Stratt fixed it, else, I'll send him the latest copy I have of the Sobek, with the fixed turrets, and a slight rounding of the engines.

StratComm:
I did fix the turrets.  If you've rounded the engines then send it on and I'll slap it in, but otherwise it's taken care of.

Taristin:
Nah. It's not worth the effort.

I'm getting a bit sick of the ares. When I get everything lookinf like it's fine, the damned exporter puts the cocpit glass texture ahead of the cocpit texture.

It shouldn't, since it's last in the multi-texture material, but max is a ***** and I don't feel like putting up with it. I'm too tired/depressed/angry to deal with it tonight. I don't know when I'll finish it, if I do. If you want to take care of that one, do so.

I don't care about my rep any more...

[color=002800]:sigh:god, I feel like just finishing what I owe people and just leaving. leaving and never coming back.[/color]

Admiral Nelson:
Thanks for all the effort, StratComm, its great to see all these ships properly converted an in game! :)

Once the Ares gets fixed up, chop off the tail extrusions and presto! instant Herc II! :)

StratComm:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Raa
Nah. It's not worth the effort.

I'm getting a bit sick of the ares. When I get everything lookinf like it's fine, the damned exporter puts the cocpit glass texture ahead of the cocpit texture.

It shouldn't, since it's last in the multi-texture material, but max is a ***** and I don't feel like putting up with it. I'm too tired/depressed/angry to deal with it tonight. I don't know when I'll finish it, if I do. If you want to take care of that one, do so.
--- End quote ---

I just ran it through, and I think what you're describing should happen as long as the cockpit is a seperate submodel.  As long as the cockpit texture isn't on the hull itself, then the glass will render properly.  [EDIT] The game renders things by submodel by texture on that submodel, and then the hull as the final object, again by texture.  Transparent parts should be the last textures on the hull, not necessarily the last textures in the model. [/EDIT] Here's proof:

And the model: Raa's HTL Ares v1.1.  The shield is still wrong, but that's not my concern.

As for the Herc II, the Ares, while using the same hull shape, has drastically different detailing and the cutouts made for that detail would be quite wrong on the Herc II.  So no rapid update for anyone there :(

And Raa, I don't mean to step on your toes with this.  If there's any problem with me working on these models, please let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version