Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Preliminary test - Satis Freighter

<< < (6/6)

aldo_14:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Raa
Modelview does display the uv data incorrectly. In game it is as it should be.
--- End quote ---

Is the map in non-power-of-2 sizes?  IIRC OpenGL (which I believe modelview uses) doesn't like that sort of thing.

Flaser:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by aldo_14

Is the map in non-power-of-2 sizes?  IIRC OpenGL (which I believe modelview uses) doesn't like that sort of thing.
--- End quote ---

Neither does the FS/FS_Open Engine.
It will resize the texture to the next power of 2.
Not using such 2^n size is a waste of memory.

Taristin:
The map is whatever it was originally. I never touched map files. They are the ones Volition gave out with FS2.

AFAICS, it's modelview's fault. It cannot seem to display UV data properly for any ship that is either high poly, or using larger sized maps.

aldo_14:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Flaser

Neither does the FS/FS_Open Engine.
It will resize the texture to the next power of 2.
Not using such 2^n size is a waste of memory.
--- End quote ---

Actually, I believe OpenGL doesn't resize, as far as modelviews' use is concerned.  I can't remember the place I read that, but I remember seeing it with an 800xsomething map I made when i first started modelling.

Vasudan Admiral:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Raa
The map is whatever it was originally. I never touched map files. They are the ones Volition gave out with FS2.

AFAICS, it's modelview's fault. It cannot seem to display UV data properly for any ship that is either high poly, or using larger sized maps.
--- End quote ---
Well, that is indeed one of the weirdest bugs i've ever seen in modview. Aldo is indeed right - if you resize the map to be 1024x1024, it works fine.

However, mine works fine with 4096 res textures and any high poly model so far, so it sounds like you may have additional problems in your install Raa. :\

Oh yes, and brilliant job on the satis btw. :) :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version