Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Between the Ashes

Hud size

<< < (2/2)

DefCynodont119:

--- Quote from: eldarion on August 16, 2021, 06:35:22 am ---
--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on August 15, 2021, 10:38:23 pm ---I updated the old link and am copying it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0JuJirm0tKSRnlya3FPbUIyREk/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-zpCpo9uUGTrxjTDTzBVqHA

Try this and see how well it helps, it might need some tweaking, but it should work.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the quick reply, DefCynodont119!

My resolution is 1680x1050.

I created the data\tables folder inside BtA vp's folder and copy the file provided there. Unfortunately i see no differences. I added two screenshots to show you what i have now.

Here is how i am loading the mod:

fs2_open_21_2_0_x64_SSE2.exe -mod mods\Between_The_Ashes_1.6.3,mods\MVPS-4.4.2
-soft_particles -aa -fb_explosions -fb_thrusters -enable_shadows -targetinfo -rearm_timer -nomotiondebris -warp_flash -3dwarp -3dshockwave -fullscreen_window -ship_choice_3d -no_set_gamma -aa_preset 6 -shadow_quality 4 -ambient_factor 55 -spec_point 0.7 -spec_static 2.12 -spec_tube 1.2 -bloom_intensity 45 -fov 0.6

I am not sure if i am missing something.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, looks like the Hud is getting scaled, just not as much as you need it to be, I'll make a fix using $force scaling, I don't know for sure if that will make it bigger but it's worth a try.

I have another question, why is the messagebox in the center of the screen in that 2nd screenshot?  :wtf:

--- Quote from: Admiral Nelson on August 16, 2021, 09:23:28 am ---FWIW at 4K in some places the text is super tiny and in others it is fine:

Also FWIW the 4K mod on knossos has been set up to scale from 4K down to laptop resolutions - Axem made some revisions to his box scripts right before he left to support that resizing.

--- End quote ---

The affected menus are the new librocket UIs that we have been using, this feature is still in development by the Source Code Project, I seems like the new menus don't know how to scale fonts properly. That's out of our hands unfortunately.  :sigh:

eldarion:

--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on August 16, 2021, 12:22:33 pm ---
--- Quote from: eldarion on August 16, 2021, 06:35:22 am ---
--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on August 15, 2021, 10:38:23 pm ---I updated the old link and am copying it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0JuJirm0tKSRnlya3FPbUIyREk/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-zpCpo9uUGTrxjTDTzBVqHA

Try this and see how well it helps, it might need some tweaking, but it should work.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the quick reply, DefCynodont119!

My resolution is 1680x1050.

I created the data\tables folder inside BtA vp's folder and copy the file provided there. Unfortunately i see no differences. I added two screenshots to show you what i have now.

Here is how i am loading the mod:

fs2_open_21_2_0_x64_SSE2.exe -mod mods\Between_The_Ashes_1.6.3,mods\MVPS-4.4.2
-soft_particles -aa -fb_explosions -fb_thrusters -enable_shadows -targetinfo -rearm_timer -nomotiondebris -warp_flash -3dwarp -3dshockwave -fullscreen_window -ship_choice_3d -no_set_gamma -aa_preset 6 -shadow_quality 4 -ambient_factor 55 -spec_point 0.7 -spec_static 2.12 -spec_tube 1.2 -bloom_intensity 45 -fov 0.6

I am not sure if i am missing something.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, looks like the Hud is getting scaled, just not as much as you need it to be, I'll make a fix using $force scaling, I don't know for sure if that will make it bigger but it's worth a try.

I have another question, why is the messagebox in the center of the screen in that 2nd screenshot?  :wtf:

--- End quote ---

Ahhh, sorry about that. I was experimenting with hd-hud-bp-0.4.0 on BtA and forgot to disable it for the second screenshot.

DefCynodont119:
It's fine, so it looks like there is no way to make the HUD gauges scale any bigger,  :(  and although I updated the message box script, it doesn't scale with the hud the same way the gauges do, although it should now be possible to make bigger versions of the message box for larger resolutions, but It's a lot of work, I'll see what I can do though.  :yes:

Admiral Nelson:
You can scale the messagebox image with the ImageScale parameter in the axmessage.cfg file.

Thus for example:

--- Code: ---  "Resolutions": [
    {
      "MinHRes": 1024,
  "TitleFont": "bankgothic-hud",
      "TextFont": "bankgothic-hud",
      "ImageScale": 0.75,
      "Image": "messagebox_alt2.png",
--- End code ---

makes the png 75% scale at 1024 rezzo,
whilst for instance

--- Code: ---      "MinHRes": 3840,
      "TitleFont": "bg-msg-big4k",
      "TextFont": "bg-msg4k",
      "ImageScale": 1.2,
      "Image": "messagebox_alt2.png",
--- End code ---
makes the png scale to 120% at 4K so that it stays at a faily constant size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version