Author Topic: I need some help with a mission (no bugs, I just suck) *spoilers*  (Read 3389 times)

I need some help with a mission (no bugs, I just suck) *spoilers*
I really need help with the mission where you have to destroy the
Spoiler:
Hertak Flagship
. The game tells me to follow some markers but I can't even get to the second one. I managed to glitch inside once but I didn't have time to complete any of the objectives.

I'm seriously raging here and I already skipped a mission before because it was outright impossible for me, but I don't think this one is skippable -.-

Offline -Norbert-

Re: I need some help with a mission (no bugs, I just suck) *spoilers*
For me it helped to use the mouse instead of the joystick to steer in the corridors. Or you could try to dump down the sensitivity.

If nothing else helps, you can activate the cheat mode by typing "www.freespace2.com", then the time compression can be used in "revese" to set the game into slow motion, that should help in manouvering those tight corridors.

I probably should've been more clear. I can not find the corridors! I've been flying laps around the ship and I only once managed to get inside and I'm pretty sure it was a glitch (I went through a wall).

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Cheats, always cheats... Lrn2play !

Aren't the markers set to one of the F-keys ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

I can target the markers but I can not find the actual thing because I can't find the damn corridors -______-

You may be accidentally targeting a marker further down the chain. Just follow the ones you can see.

The entrance is pretty much directly ahead of the starting point. It's behind one of those backward-swept spines on the back.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Flak

I think one of the main problem was there is a lot of black patches and similar looking red-black vents inside the ship, making it hard to recognize the path. It took me a lot of tries to complete this mission, though most of my problem was about getting out.  I have no joystick so I always use the mouse.

Offline -Norbert-

Cheats, always cheats... Lrn2play !

Aren't the markers set to one of the F-keys ?
I managed the mission without cheats, besides is it really too much effort to type out three short words? I mean seriously, it takes less than 2 seconds to type "learn to play"....

Back to the matter at hand: Did you try fiddling around with your lighting settings? With the stock-settings the insides of the ship are far more visible than with Herra Tohtories settings for example (though they do look far better outside the ship).
Firing your weapons around a bit can also help you see, since they light up the surrounding walls.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
besides is it really too much effort to type out three short words? I mean seriously, it takes less than 2 seconds to type "learn to play"....
Lrn2meme
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Oh my God! Fi-nal-ly! I can't believe I missed the entrance so many times when it was right there. I actually managed to beat the mission on the first try once I found my way in, though getting out was 90% luck.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hooray \o/
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Then you managed something the majority didn't. :yes:
In the poll it's 28 votes for "I bounced around" and only 4 for "I had an easy time in the last mission"

I'm not absolutely sure anymore, but I think I made it on 4th try on my first playthrough.

Offline Firartix

• Random Noob
Maaaaaaaaan i don't get how you guys can get out that easily...

It took me some time to get in, but then, i couldn't find a way out...
I believe i tried 40+ times without success from Medium down to Vry Easy... in the end i skipped it to see the outro.

Later when i decided to finish the campaign in Insane, i was once more on it, and i finally understood my mistake.
When you enter the main reactor room, it requires you turning around in the tubes before, and taking a last turn out of it to enter the room.
This makes your fighter pitch around, and completely faked my perception of the ship D:....
When i finally understood that you'd get out from a tube downwards, i could get out in around 5-10 tries :D

IIRC, Spoon told me the first marker to get out appears when you destroy the 2 side reactors....