Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn  (Read 219746 times)

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn
:yes:
Now we need a strip with three pictures.
First: "Stand back, we got this."
Second: Nothing happens.
and then a third one of how those Cyrvans looked when Dawn powered up Infi without any effort at all.

hmmm... that would be pouty, disappointed (crushed) and humiliated?... yes, I think that would be the case... ;)
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
9000 hours in paint.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
:lol:

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
 :D
Dawn owns again.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Note, you were introduced to them after Terrans knew them for a while. Knowing english wouldn't be so unusual.
Makes sense. But why is it that in all those sci-fis the aliens have the tact to learn and speak english, but the humans don't even bother with the aliens' language?

I always assume that they're not actually speaking English but some form of common language.

I did read a book once where the aliens were in fact largely incapable of speaking human languages, but humans could pronounce theirs, so the situation was reversed somewhat.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Haha Cyrvans... :nervous:

Hey Spoon, how long does it take you on average to draw an outline like that, and then to colour? And do you really do it all in MSPaint? ;)

Hmmm....at least now I have something to draw :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Takes me forever actually, I'm incredibly slow. This 'only' took me like 1 and a half hour because its sloppy and its not colored.
Reasons for this slowness:
1. I do it with the pen tool in photoshop because I found that drawing things on paper and then scanning it in required tons of pen tool clean up afterwards anyway. So I just skip that step completely these days (also, I am too lazy to actually practice basic shapes and such, resulting in me having a pretty unsteady hand and having to use the eraser far more times than is good for the paper)
2. I don't practice on any kind of regular basis... there are often complete months in which I don't draw anything at all. And if I do, its usually something I need for WoD.

tl;dr: I'm a lazy and bad 'artist' and I need to practice/learn more  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I wish I could draw half as decent as that. :P

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
tl;dr: I'm a lazy and bad 'artist' and I need to practice/learn more  :p

Actually, quite simple to learn, gets references, and lots of it. That's what I'm also retrieving from my failed hard-disks, some several thousand images of posing figures to my prized collection of Shakugan no Shana scans.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Spoon do u use a drawing tablet? If not I've got spares.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Enzo03

If so, I need one.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I had a wacom bamboo tablet at some point but it would only work properly for a few minutes, after that I couldn't draw solid lines with it anymore until I replugged it.
Couldn't figure out what the cause for it was so I eventually sold it to someone else who had no problems with it.
Had a bit of a hard time getting used to it too, kept switching to the mouse to select tool and stuff.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Speaking of art, will you make it in both 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 for WoD2?
I've been replaying WoD with a new screen and it makes the faces look as if Aoki Ume had a go with them.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Enzo03

I had a wacom bamboo tablet at some point but it would only work properly for a few minutes, after that I couldn't draw solid lines with it anymore until I replugged it.
Couldn't figure out what the cause for it was so I eventually sold it to someone else who had no problems with it.
Had a bit of a hard time getting used to it too, kept switching to the mouse to select tool and stuff.
Huh.  I was actually looking to get that tablet.
Then I realized I'd much rather have what this one girl in my (now finished) summer class has: uh... that one thing that's like a laptop but you can twist around the screen and make it like a tablet, comes with stylus.
Probably wouldn't even have to be particularly powerful, just enough to do what I'd want (draw) without significant hair pulling and wall punching.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Speaking of art, will you make it in both 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 for WoD2?
I've been replaying WoD with a new screen and it makes the faces look as if Aoki Ume had a go with them.
  :lol:

Yea, I will try to accommodate every resolution properly for wod2 (now that I actually understand how freespace handles these things)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Don't diss them widefaces
Currently I'm more concerned about the opposite :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
The "Patch" link on the download links to a Mediafire mirror of the visuals .rar, just so you know.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
fix'd
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.

hey guys....I have all the excuses under the suns as to why this isn't as good as it should be, including primitive camera device, $2 pencil pack that has a colour density of 0.000001 that requires (bad) colour editing...  ;) If I get so a scanner, it may look better, but the colour density of the pencils is about at maximum - colour any harder and the paper will get ruined, etc...

I might just go and practice tGIMP and have a look for that Photoshop GUI plugin...

*note I can't actually draw the outlines to look good at the moment, so don't ask me for pictures of other noteworthy events of the WoD universe...  ;)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
 That's pretty...awesome...