Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 276302 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Wow, the salt, Poi-senpai... :p

Come back to the game and then say that. There's a new premium wehraboo T8 carrier I'm hearing the absolute best about.  ;)

In all fairness, the new effects look big and impressive and the dynamic lighting is very nice, but they sometimes give me the impression that they're low-FPS or something.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'm still hankering for more dynamic wakes...

That and update the tree Kagerō with the ultra Weeb HD version.  Course it will be like the EZ8 and remain low rez for years despite the Fury being around.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wow, the salt, Poi-senpai... :p

In all fairness, the new effects look big and impressive and the dynamic lighting is very nice, but they sometimes give me the impression that they're low-FPS or something.
I'm just speaking the truth though. WoWS uses explosion spritesheets, most of these sheets don't exceed more than 60 frames. I know because I extracted them. They're just reusing the same explosion sprite effects but upscaled them. The impact effects on the water are all exactly the same sprite, so it looks kind of weird and fake to have every shell throw up the exact same splash of water.

I'm not saying its not an improvement over what it previously was. But I'm far from impressed. It just highlights to me how old russian rubbish the game engine is.

Come back to the game and then say that. There's a new premium wehraboo T8 carrier I'm hearing the absolute best about.  ;)
  :lol:
I've been following the graf zeppellin debacle, quite hilarious.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
https://youtu.be/qJstuENPcaM

if you can Play with it - very dangerous - if the enemy carrier Player is a noob :D
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
0.6.11 is being tested.

Remind me why I should be smoking up my BBs as a DD again?
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
After Enioch's excellent "Rule the Waves LPs" I couldn't hold back anymore and decided to spruce up my life with some naval action.
WoWS has been a pretty nice experience so far (unlike the last FTP game I played... cough MW:O), my only complaint is the lack of decent communication in-game. For the life of me I can't seem to be able to get VoIP to work.

That said, I enjoy getting my own set of ship-girls DDs and CLs, I'm up to Tier V on the Japanese branch.

PS.: Looking for group, I'm playing on the EU server.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

The most epic game i have ever played in WoWS...
...but I forgot to re-enable replays when i reinstalled WoWs  :mad:

https://imgur.com/a/os09H

Offline Jeryko

Any former JBX (FS1/2/EvE) or HRV (EvE) members playing? Myself and JBX Skywalker (original founder, the 'J', goes by another name now) have been playing for a few months and have created [JBX] in game. Started off as a private thing for just us, but with this new Clan Battle and Clan port thing, we figured we'd throw around the idea of inviting others. 

Now, we're pretty casual - my work schedule prevents play 7 days at a time (7 on, 7 off) and he has got work and kids and such. But if anyone is interested in some respectful gaming, former JBX or not, we'd be happy to have you, even if we are casual.

EDIT: We're on NA server
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:33:57 pm by Jeryko »
JBX-Phoenix

Offline Mikes

WoWS has been a pretty nice experience so far (unlike the last FTP game I played... cough MW:O)

Don't worry. It gets worse the longer you play.  ;7

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If you were running Tanz's VMF cruiser skins and wished you had one for Kutuzov the Burninator then look no further...

Well look on my WoWs forum skin thread.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Unlocked La Glassicannon through the winter campaign and made a simple Measure 22 skin for her:

Initial impression is that this is a zero margin for error (Woops there went all my HP in a single angle penetrating salvo :eek2:) non carry boat.  But if you stay in a position were you can leverage teammates as ablative shields and DPM farm for all she's got she can do alright.  Plus she is a pretty french girl and I can forgive some of her faults because of it.

I do like the La Gal.

And I've been meaning to say it before, but your skins are all very well-done and nice looking, Starslayer.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Thanks man, well my Skin Thread is in some kind of review purgatory on the WoWs forum bit I have skins for a few ships ready to go.  Including:

Also that feel when you zipper up a domination win but the remaining three members of your team are baked potatoes and all decide to Charge of the Lightheaded Brigade instead of letting the Caps win.  Seriously two of them were in Cans and the Reds only had BBs left.  I don't understand.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I got my Missouri and just the Nelson. Now to grind up to the Mushashi.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Tier X Match making?  Tears of the Players? My Lady Amatsukaze cares not.

Amagi still the besto BB.  Also the blaring your horn Pacific Rim style as you close into man fight and whip Musashi and Bismark is a hoot.

https://imgur.com/a/LyneI
Couldn't Carry hard enough  :mad:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Okay finally managed to spin up a new thread on the WoWs forum.  Their forum moderation frankly sucks.  Anyway things that are new/updated since the last thread:

IJN:

RN:

Kaiser Zerstörer:

Get em before the forum bug eats another thread  :nervous:

I'll take that Izumo, I think, yes.

In other news: got a kraken award in my Furutaka, thanks in part to a pair of Atlantas who insisted on focusing me with HE while a New York and Schors dismantled them. I managed to citadel one of the Atlantas which felt really good (to me, probably not to him).

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Those are some nice paint jobs, the Kaiser boats look hawt with their red funnel.
Do you do the weathering yourself, or is that already present in the original maps?

In case you ever feel like doing more US CVs and need to borrow an account, PM me.
I used the recent ranked season to level up the Lexington (AP bombs on German BBs = topkek) and now have a brand new Essex sitting in port.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea