Author Topic: Red Faction: Guerilla on ZP  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Red Faction: Guerilla on ZP

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Re: Red Faction: Guerilla on ZP
Good review. I loved this game, never played 1 or 2.

He's really funny and even the negative points aren't bad just more along the lines of tropes, things that annoy him, or is so true but often ignored/looked. :D
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

The only real probelm with RF:G was that the characters sucked, but the blowing everything to teeny little pieces part makes any real gripes go away really quickly. Everything blows up soooo nicely in that game.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I will always remember the first Red Faction as the game with walls made of flesh and people made of stone.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Problem with both games is you could blast about 2 foot into "most" stuff...
then you were back to invisible walls.

You are faced with a security gate and a heavily fortified guard shack.
You have 20 packs of rockets.

Can you just blow holes in the wall right around the shack and the gate... NO!
You have to go play commando and plant charges to take out the wall "holding the glass"
so you can then kill the guards... to open the 3 foot thick concrete gate.

This... is why Red Faction 1 and 2 had issues.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Roanoke

I think geo-mod worked best when you were battling with missiles/explosives  and the whole area would get totally destroyed. One time, against a robot in a tight little room with a couple of pillars. It was totally ruined, with holes eveywhere and destroyed pillars!

From what I hear, they wanted to put in the GeoMod or whatever, but they wanted to put in a bunch of other stuff, so the GeoMod kindof gets pushed to the sidelines, when it should be in the front row.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Yeah, the days of tunneling are over. But at least if you see a building you can blow it up, with 2 exceptions.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
the new Red Faction does actually work. It's not a perfect game (and I prefer a strong narrative) but it's a fun game. The real greatness of it lies in the multiplayer and you really have to give V credit for that since Third-Person shooter multiplayer is new for those people.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I liked it, but I want my tunneling back.

RF1 would still be a multiplayer hit if they would have just included level downloading, and patched the game to keep people from cheating.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i really ****ing liked this game, because of those situations where you cant see whats in front of you because there are too many explosions and debris blocking your view. i mean this game was one big descructorgasm. sure the first thing i did was gripe about the indestructible terrain. but once i brought down a few large buildings i was completely addicted.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I loved this game, and you know what, I agree with him on many points

Specially the

I AM THOR

FEAR ME AND MY HAAAMMA

That's what my father actually said when he first watched me play. I was in the process of destroying a rather large building, and his comment was

"What the hell is that, the hammer of thor?"
To which I respond
"Well if this is the hammer of Thor, then what is the baseball bat?" as I take a swing with it in turn collapsing the bridge
"No"