Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 23994 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The "Friday Night... " is going to be a weekly event.

@Spoon: We're mil-sim geeks, we don't enjoy fragfests, but rather plan an operation and then carry it out with a 4 to 1 kill ratio against 4 to 1 odds.

I might get the video in higher quality, the cameraman has a day off today.

That's cool and all that. And something I can appreciate too but it doesn't really make for a great video.
Just sayin' you might wanna do some editing on your vids. And don't use the ingame recording system, its rubbish.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

I jumped back in.
I rolled with a full platoon, with an actual commander(s), and we captured about a full quarter of Indar in 2 hours. It was awesome making a huge armor column and steamrolling out of our warp gate and watching enemies just crumble before us.

It was a ton of fun, I'm gonna have to play this more...

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Yeah? Well I conquered all 3 continents in one sitting. Well, my platoon did. I mostly just stood on points to make them capture faster, and made the commander wait a few more seconds before lifting off his Galaxy. But there was some action, it wasn't like we were unopposed.

Any chance we could get an HLP outfit on one of the servers going?  Preferably Vanu as I've already got NC and TR characters.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I've a Vanu on Lithcorp EU, and would be up for that.

An EU server would suck for me since I'm on the West Coast of the United States.  A U.S. East server would serve all of NA pretty well and still have decent pings to Europe.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Well so am I, but my SolTech East character is NC :P

I've got an NC on Jaeger and a TR on Waterson, so things will get interesting once the server merge happens.

Well, is anyone else interested in an HLP group of tech-loving trans-human warriors in purple spandex?

Any chance we could get an HLP outfit on one of the servers going?  Preferably Vanu as I've already got NC and TR characters.

It certainly sounds good, at the moment I have some technical problems but it'd be great if we could join together under one banner on a server somewhere. Hope more people chime in regarding this.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah I'd be up for that.
East coast american server will probably be fine for me (those tend to have around 100-140 ping or so).
NC or Vanu work for me, my main is a 41BR TR on Ceres.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

So, server merge is planned for 12:00 AM PST on March 1st.  After that the only possible U.S. East servers are Matherson and Waterson.

I'm inclined to have us do Matherson since I'm already going to have two characters on Waterson and I don't want a third there.  Also, any objections to us playing as the Vanu Sovereignty?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So, server merge is planned for 12:00 AM PST on March 1st.  After that the only possible U.S. East servers are Matherson and Waterson.

I'm inclined to have us do Matherson since I'm already going to have two characters on Waterson and I don't want a third there.  Also, any objections to us playing as the Vanu Sovereignty?

No, becasue then I can kill you repeatedly.

NC, Mattherson.  ;)
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline FIZ

I joined some squaddies on a Euro server and I was pleasantly surprised.  No lag on my side, I suspect I almost had an advantage because I went on one hell of a kill streak in a techbase.  I suspect I looked laggier to my opponents than they did to me.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

I might be interested, haven't played PS in awhile though...

I got the best kill streak of my career yesterday, invading a biolab. I set up a turret at the top of a short stairway overlooking a room that my guys were trying to get into and the TR was trying to push us out of. I basically just fired through the lower doorway and killed everything red that passed by (and I think I wounded a few teammates too dumb to realize that they shouldn't cross in front of an actively firing turret in the middle of a firefight).

Look forward to teaming up after the merge, Kyad. Mua ha ha!

Well, I happened to be duck shooting hoverpodding Mosquitoes at the TR WG in Amerish (or more specifically- Jagged Lance Mine) yesterday for a good 15 minutes.
The Mine became a deep blue island in a sea of red, the TR captured everything up to the NC Arsenal and were heading towards the West.
The Reds were getting more and more resources devoted to killing us, ultimately having 3-4 Prowlers and at least 1 turret firing at me, so I couldn't even drive up to the ammo tower.

The TR, after losing several Mossies, a few Liberators and Prowlers, and lots of time finally broke through and reached a completely empty base.

In the mean time, our group of about 2 vehicles (full Sundy and full Vanguard) killed a Lightning at the Amp Station (the Lightning crashed into me head on, didn't figure out that Vanguard = bad guy and didn't even shoot back)

Then we sneaked around the Amp Station, taking a few hits from a turret near the west gate.

Off to the NC Arsenal, which was red as well, and happened to be ghostcapped by the VS.
A couple purple Lightnings blew up and we made it to North Grove Post, where we destroyed a red Sundy who's crew was taking the base from us.

All this to not a single lost vehicle, other than one Sundy in Jagged Lance.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:16:01 am by BengalTiger »
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

FYI, there's a 2x XP points event, which combined with the new scores for vehicles makes an unmanned Liberator worth 4 certs.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
A bit late to the party, but I just started playing this and IT IS AWESOME. I think I tried it once back in the beta but the optimization was awful and it didn't play nice with AMD cards, so I forgot about it.

I like the NC aesthetic but the NC players seem to be...

...challenged. Yeah, that's a nice way of putting it.

nc is dumb ancaps, vanu will bring peace & tight lycra
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
TR will crush NC and VS

freedome is overrated and technology-obsessed, alien worshiping, spandex fetishists must be removed from the premises

remove vanu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voaNw4v1YzY