Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 23997 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Landed a drop pod on a TR Galaxy today. Still had 4 people in it. Killed all of them on impact, along with the galaxy. Got XP for it all too.

Parked vehicles be warned, drop pods can and will kill you, just like in halo, and the guy riding in it gets all the XP for the kill.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Well I found the Indarian Hexagon, I went there to support the (very) weak Vanu holdings, used a drop pod to get to an NC platform and...
Drop pods, Drop pods everywhere... all while it rained Galaxy wrecks. :nervous:

In other events, we were pulling out of a platform to go help elsewhere. Suddenly, our Galaxy explodes as we are about to board, leaving us stranded.

I freaking love this game. :D

Now I just need to get some RAM, running this in 2Gb is very reminiscent of those Delenda Est images that violated the Deneb Human Rights Convention.

How smooth is the networking on this?  Does one have to worry about lag-shields?

Really smooth even on my boondocksy dsl connection, except during the happy-hour human wave attacks, but its still decent then.

...Which are even more absurd/full of idiots than i remember from the first game. Got something like 40-50 kills yesterday defending from one palling around in a *****in' Battle Bus. :D

What servers are people here playing on? I have a 10-12 or some TR on Sol____ and a space redneck (nc) on the other us east one whose name i cant remember :(
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline An4ximandros

I'm on the Sol server, East coast, as Vanu.

If we get something going we could make an outfit and vote for our "official" side here before registering it.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I have no interest in this game as a random experience, but I have it installed and would love to play as part of a larger group.  I don't care about faction or server.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

SolTech, US EAST, NC. Character name: BlueFang
I play occasionally, but would be interested in a set squad.

I wouldn't mind playing as NC or Vanu on a U.S. server that isn't Waterson (already have a character in an Outfit there, sorry).
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
KyadCK

Mattherson, US East

NC

Roll with WMD most of the time.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Jaeger, US East

Primarily play as a TR Engineer.

Wouldn't mind changing things up to join a HLP Outfit though.

Offline Topgun

http://steamcommunity.com/id/empiricaldata/

if anyone wants to play, add me. I mostly play on soltech as vano, but I really don't care much and Im willing to make a new char to play with people from here.

if you want to play any other game with me, that's fine too.

NC on LithCorp here, I left the first two open EU servers due to waiting time of 5+ minutes to log in.

I'm known there as Exterminator BengalTiger, feel free to say "Hi".

P.S. Pro Tip: The Skyguard sucks. Wait till a rebalance before spending certs (or worse- cash) on it.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
How smooth is the networking on this?  Does one have to worry about lag-shields?
client side hit registration makes things pretty reliable.

But it's a MMOshooter, quake-like network responsiveness isn't what I expect.

Offline An4ximandros

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
If we get a outfit going, we should all put the Kobolt machine gun on our ATV's and ride around like biker gangs  :D

'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Patriot

Funnily enough i decided to give this a go, on LithCorp as a NC guy. So far is favor the Heavy Assault class, but my non vid-card running comp isnt making the game easy for me, had a 12-25 Kill Death, though i think the sheer amount of Assists make the kill count around 120 or so xD

Reason i play Heavy Assault is the rocket launcher, i like to kill vehicles when they present themselves to me

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Funnily enough i decided to give this a go, on LithCorp as a NC guy. So far is favor the Heavy Assault class, but my non vid-card running comp isnt making the game easy for me, had a 12-25 Kill Death, though i think the sheer amount of Assists make the kill count around 120 or so xD

Reason i play Heavy Assault is the rocket launcher, i like to kill vehicles when they present themselves to me

As an old Battlefield 1942 player, that was also my line of thinking when I first started playing.  Now I prefer the light assault for its jetpack, but when mobility isn't an option then the heavy assault is my first choice.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Look into the Hawk and Crow missle launchers. Anti-Air and Anti-Tank lock on missiles, respectively.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Look into the Hawk and Crow missle launchers. Anti-Air and Anti-Tank lock on missiles, respectively.
TR heavy class's machinegun becomes stupidly good with a 3.4x scope and a front grip.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife