Author Topic: Another way of controlling the ship with the mouse  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Another way of controlling the ship with the mouse
Mouse control sometimes gets awkward because you have to drag the mouse depending on what way you wanna go. Would it be possible to change that so that your movement in one direction is constant until you change directing? You know, pull mouse left, ships keeps going left. Just a little suggestion

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Another way of controlling the ship with the mouse
There's a script that changes mouse behaviour. Can be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=44634.0

Just a suggestion.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
You can also get a similar effect by using PPJoy to turn your mouse into a "virtual joystick."

(Is there an official Freespace FAQ somewhere? If so, this question belongs on it. :p)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
PPJoy went so over my head when I took a look at it, I promptly uninstalled it. Mouse scripts hardly ever have worked so well as to replace joystick for me.

Offline Shade

(Is there an official Freespace FAQ somewhere? If so, this question belongs on it. )
That's what the wiki is for :) Might not be anything related to controls right now, but it is a perfectly valid topic for an article.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
(Is there an official Freespace FAQ somewhere? If so, this question belongs on it. )
That's what the wiki is for :) Might not be anything related to controls right now, but it is a perfectly valid topic for an article.

FAQ != Wiki. They aren't really the same thing.

Although I suppose the wiki is a reasonable place to put a FAQ.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays