Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239394 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Rolled back. The sign was in fact a lie.
The rollback fixed my place too. Thanks very much once more.

Couple of questions moving forward though:
*Is this thread still the best way to get in touch with a server mod?
*I must have blanked on how to lock chests or the command changed. Do we have a player-usable command list, or what's the "help" command in-game?
*Dynmap's been gone for a long time, but are there any modern services/features that can fill an analagous role?
*Has there been any thought to implementing some sort of whitelist system to any degree?

*Add me on steam. Same name, red edged F.
*"/help". The HLP server is extremely barebones, there is no chest lock.
*JourneyMap on Forge is one way. Being client side and it's waypoint functionality is handy. Works for all MC versions.
*Easily done. Have not done so previously as people do not always check in with me to get it updated.

Good you've rolled things back for us, Kyad. Sadly I lost a villager that I spent a lot of time digging out of the ground (at a Y of 11) after de-zombifying him and had been merrily farming my wheat fields when he and some of the other basic objects like fences went missing. It's nothing big, just a bit of a shame and means I have to start over with finding a zombie villager to heal and bring back.

EDIT: On the other hand it appears the used Golden Apple and splash potion returned to my inventory.

Spoiler:
To make my post a little more interesting, and so not having to double post:
I'm glad to see more people on the server again. It seems like some 1.8.9 biomes have been generated so it should be possible to get newer resources that way. For that purpose I've built a nether portal to the extreme north of the available world space. By using the Nether and heading towards 'Eternal Winter', though at the moment of writing the road from that point onward is not entirely finished yet. I'll try to make the directions easy as soon as possible.

Will the server be updated to the newer versions in the near future? It appears the newest patches introduce a fair amount of new content.

Probably.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I haven't been on much in a very long time, but a really crazy part of me has toyed with trying to map out a big chunk of the server and create a map wall near spawn for people to make copies of at their leisure.  Beyond the tedium involved, I'd almost definitely want to wait until a potential 1.9 upgrade, because boat position-handling was absolutely godawful before that (and even worse in singleplayer if that's possible).  The only real trick would be figuring out just how far to map out, since ideally I wouldn't want to be generating a ton of new terrain for no good reason.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:35:57 pm by Mongoose »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
General maintenance has more or less begun. Server "Overhaul".

Bungee and all other mass solution things will come down as I simply do not have the time I once did to invest in it, even if I still smile when I see the chat formatting.

• As Hoodcom owns the server, his Creative world will be on port 25565 for the forum he frequents. It will be updated to 1.10. All other considerations are on him.
  • The Hard-Light server will be on port 25564. It will also be updated to 1.10. It will have a whitelist. It will have GriefPrevention as Prism will not update. You will need to send me your Minecraft names so I may whitelist you.
  • As before, I have a Forge pack up and running. It will be on port 25563, running 1.7.10, and use both a whitelist and FTBUtil's own chunk claiming, similar to GP. The pack is available on the FTB client, but you'll need to ask for the code as it is listed as a Private pack. At 210 mods, it's everything and the kitchen sink.

Also as noted, add me on Steam if you need anything, it's simply your best bet for getting in contact with me quickly.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm the stranger named Top Gun, if you happen to see the request and wonder who the hell it is.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I might pop back in the modpack server in a week or two when my monthly limit rolls over again, I just recently fixed the issue with the FTB launcher not working. The directories of the old versions of Java didn't get removed as they should've, and because of this the FTB launcher would choke on startup.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I might pop back in the modpack server in a week or two when my monthly limit rolls over again, I just recently fixed the issue with the FTB launcher not working. The directories of the old versions of Java didn't get removed as they should've, and because of this the FTB launcher would choke on startup.

Code should be the same, it'll auto-download. It is 250MB though, so careful.

Sooo.... new server. Same datacenter, but this time we got it in ESXi. Which means nothing to how you use the server, but makes redundency and migration ezpz. Main OS is now SUSE over Debian, because I like starting distro wars.  :D

In the mean time, all data is moved and layed out, but servers are not yet online, as they are not yet on 1.10.2. When they are on 1.10.2, there will be some significant changes,  some of which involve recaps;

• Prism goes byebye.
  • GriefPrevention becomes the standard, which is on you to use.
  • Backups will run every 12 hours and will keep the latest 12. These are full world rollbacks, so things need to be seriously ****ed to use them, but they're there.
  • Worldborder will be removed on all worlds, except maybe Forge because I'm mostly sane and would like to stay that way.
  • Whitelist WILL be implemented. I'll add a few of you who have your MC account showing on HLP, but if I miss you, just PM me, hit me up on steam, or say something here.
  • Some minor quality of life improvements besides 1.10.2 itself, which you'll discover on your own.
  • /TPA will be enabled, but not /TPPOS or /TP. Three homes per person so they can enjoy the new world and still keep their home I feel is fair.
  • Dynmap may make a return. Hoodcom and I are not quite sure how we want to do it as we want to put it on port 80 or 443 and have multible servers, so we'll see.
  • Server has had a URL name for a while now, but I always gave you the IP. Because we'd like to enable Dynmap, you might end up with your own IP and as a result your own sub-domain for Dynmap and MC. It isn't ment to be advertizing as there's no web hosting anyway (yet), but then I don't need to give you a new IP every time, we can change it on the back end.
  • You might not use it, but a TS server will be up as well.

I'd like to be added to the whitelist, please. MC name is "earmite"

Can any estimation be given about when the server will be back online? I've been testing some builds in the singleplayer creative mode but I'm eager to jump back into what I was working on.

Spoiler:
I know the question will be answered quicker on Steam, but for personal reasons I'm not using it at the moment.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
And to confirm, is the IP of the server still 167.114.118.102?
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Sandwiched, IronBeer, Mongoose, Z64555, Scourge of Ages, JCDNWarrior, you've all been added to the white-list. Due to name-change/UUID shenanigans, YOUR UUID may not have been added just because your name is! Fun stuff. I can check logs though, so just tell me what day you tried to join and I'll get your proper UUID added.

Yes the IP changed. Survival Server: 158.69.104.52:25564

There's webpage stuff that is in the works, but I'm not a webdeveloper, thats why we have Hoodcom. He wants you to have both Dynmap and Snapshot downloads.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just tried to join, 1 AM EDT on 10/23.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Whitelist on the forge server, plz.  ;)

The past week or so I've been playing SSM with the forge pack, optimizing my ore processing plant placement with the help of microblocks and the enderio conduits.

I've managed to shrink the ore processing plant to an L shaped footprint, including the evaporation plant to about 8 or 9-ish wide to 4 deep, and 5 tall, including the evaporation plant makes it shape up into an L, and I can probably clean it up a bit further if I use ender io conduits in select places (it's still pure mekanism blocks right now).

Somewhat better news is the "perfection" of a plastic processing plant/power generation tower. I can fit all the machines necessary for the generation of plastic (and ethylene) into a structure that's 5 wide, 3 deep, and 4 tall (5 including the water pump) and can shrink that down to a tidy 3x3 column with the ender io conduits.

[Edit] Also seems I can't access the creative server via :25565
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:32:20 am by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Made a login attempt. 10:10 AM (US Central) on 23Oct16.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

I've successfully logged in moments before I made this post. Thanks for fixing it, Kyad! I hope the others will also be able to get in very soon.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

I was also able to log in no probs. Thanks for your hard work, Kyad!

If anyone has a lot of trees or works with a lot of Wood, like treehouses, make sure to toggle /treesfall! It's a great feature for collecting wood but it collapsed a wood roofed house of mine just now ^^ (No worries, It's not much work to fix).

It's good to see the transition to the new version, the extra features are pretty handy. Performance is fine too, no complaints.

-----------------

- George Orwell

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ironbeer added to HLP.
Z64555 added to FTB. Note the pack version should be 1.1.0 to be on the server.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
General word of advice: don't reflexively type /home before you've actually reset your home, or you'll find yourself standing at spawn, possibly with an uncomfortably-close zombie.  That goes double if you don't even remember your home coordinates.  That whole Nether system was a godsend, though it took a few false starts to find my way back to my connecting path.  (Sidenote: holy crap that is complex now.  You guys have been crazy busy.  Also I should have Sandwich show me how things work around his place, since I don't recognize half of those farm mechanisms anymore.)

Okay, think I have at least the basics of GriefPrevention figured out.  Plop down a chest to stake your initial claim, click on the borders with a golden shovel to expand it, use a stick to turn the borders off and on.  Then just do something underground to extend the claim downwards.  Simple enough.  Here's my question though: will we have any mechanism set up to earn expanded claims sizes? I hit the limit much sooner than I expected (squared numbers are fun like that), and while I did cover everything I've actually built, in an ideal world I'd like to plop a rectangle around my entire island.  I understand if that's not possible though.

One little downside to this system versus some other protection systems I've seen is that there doesn't seem to be any way to designate an individual chest as "public," so that you could for instance have a spot for visitors who aren't on your trusted list to grab stuff.  I guess you'd have to get creative with your claim borders, creating a few adjacent ones and leaving a small unclaimed public rectangle for chests like that.  At the very least I'll make sure to add the usual suspects to my trusted list as I see you in game.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:33:10 pm by Mongoose »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ironbeer added to HLP.
Z64555 added to FTB. Note the pack version should be 1.1.0 to be on the server.

Thx much.

General word of advice: don't reflexively type /home before you've actually reset your home, or you'll find yourself standing at spawn, possibly with an uncomfortably-close zombie.  That goes double if you don't even remember your home coordinates.  That whole Nether system was a godsend, though it took a few false starts to find my way back to my connecting path.  (Sidenote: holy crap that is complex now.  You guys have been crazy busy.  Also I should have Sandwich show me how things work around his place, since I don't recognize half of those farm mechanisms anymore.)

Hee, I knew the nether highways would come in handy :D. I did the bulk of the work around the spawn areas and the stretches to some of the far-off claims. JCDN helped with the construction of the highways around his and your place, and has been working on it every now and then.

I haven't seen Sandwich on the server for some time, but JCDN and I have been tending to the area by the villager breeder. AFAIK the iron and gold farms are still operational, but they need those chunks loaded and it takes a bit of time.
chief1983

------------

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Okay, think I have at least the basics of GriefPrevention figured out.  Plop down a chest to stake your initial claim, click on the borders with a golden shovel to expand it, use a stick to turn the borders off and on.  Then just do something underground to extend the claim downwards.  Simple enough.  Here's my question though: will we have any mechanism set up to earn expanded claims sizes? I hit the limit much sooner than I expected (squared numbers are fun like that), and while I did cover everything I've actually built, in an ideal world I'd like to plop a rectangle around my entire island.  I understand if that's not possible though.

One little downside to this system versus some other protection systems I've seen is that there doesn't seem to be any way to designate an individual chest as "public," so that you could for instance have a spot for visitors who aren't on your trusted list to grab stuff.  I guess you'd have to get creative with your claim borders, creating a few adjacent ones and leaving a small unclaimed public rectangle for chests like that.  At the very least I'll make sure to add the usual suspects to my trusted list as I see you in game.

You start with 50,000. It adds 10,000 per hour to a maximum of of 250,000. GP block count is on X and Z only, not Y. You need to set the vertical reaches manually, but they do not count against your total claim amount.

You should be able to claim a ~225x225 area to start with and up to 500x500 at maximum. Block count is total claimed, NOT one large area, you can have four 112x112 zones if you like, for example.

For those to whom this is simply not enough, I can manually increase it per person, but it should be fine.

------------

For z64555: FTB uses FTBUtil's chunk claiming. You'll need to open your inv, click the gear icon, set it to the yin/yang mode and re-open your inv to see the claims button (map looking thing) in your inv. Left-click to claim, Right to unclaim, Ctrl-Left to force a chunk to stay loaded AND claim it.