Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238924 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
The only thing I'd be interested in is diamond...

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
What kind of currency? Emeralds, gold, a whole new currency?
What kind of market? Central, remotely accessible, or will you still need to meet to transact? Market or auction house?

Anyway, it sounds interesting, I'd be up for it.

The only one I would even look into is the economy stuff built into Essentials, which we already run.

It would be "$" based, have commands for transferring cash, trade signs, etc.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Hey all, go edit your profile and fill out your Minecraft username, if you don't mind... I'm tired of forgetting who's who. :p (I still haven't implemented it's display in the forum yet, in case you're wondering.)

EDIT: Check it out!
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
<--
Are you a wizard? Because that is some heavy black magic voodoo ****, right there.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I concur
Pretty damned awesome

Lt. Ash for the win! (skin)

Hindsight, should really make that helmet an accessory... which didn't turn out as desired. Apparently it's destined not to work for me
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:53:24 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Regarding the currency system, I'm not crazy about it TBH, but if we do it, I think it should definitely use emeralds, since that's what they're there for. Expanding their use beyond just villager trading into player trading seems only logical.

On the other hand, if the Allocator mod is SMP/Bukkit compatible, I can create trading stations that prevent cheating. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

The queen of diamonds has found her password and is back. :P I won't play much though, busy with getting my own (RL) place and what not.

1.4 will allow for somewhat of a currency. You can get skulls which spawn bosses, which in turn allow you to get some kind of "End Star". With those you can build altars which buff your stats.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
The queen of diamonds has found her password and is back. :P I won't play much though, busy with getting my own (RL) place and what not.

1.4 will allow for somewhat of a currency. You can get skulls which spawn bosses, which in turn allow you to get some kind of "End Star". With those you can build altars which buff your stats.

Holy **** it's Sara
You better play much more once you're done with your whole real life place (whatever real life is, sounds boring. Does it have multiplayer?)
"No"

Offline -Sara-

That's the whole point of reallife, if you spend enough time in it, it turns into multiplayer. :D

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I was killed by one of Turambar's giant tower dicks. Holding shift doesn't keep me from falling off the side of stairs, apparently.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Woo Sara!

And holy crap, I completely missed this Wither thing.  It looks...terrifying.  :shaking:

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Woo Sara!

And holy crap, I completely missed this Wither thing.  It looks...terrifying.  :shaking:

Threeheaded purple dude? No match for my 9x9 TNT landmines of justice!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Good god, craters everywhere, do we have TNT destruction enabled?
Signed, me

Good god, craters everywhere, do we have TNT destruction enabled?

Are they quite large and reverse dome-shaped? If so, they're likely the result of the rampant faith-runing that happened when it was revealed that faith-runing was a thing that could be done on the server.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
I think a trial period for the trade system would be the best idea.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Regarding the currency system, I'm not crazy about it TBH, but if we do it, I think it should definitely use emeralds, since that's what they're there for. Expanding their use beyond just villager trading into player trading seems only logical.

On the other hand, if the Allocator mod is SMP/Bukkit compatible, I can create trading stations that prevent cheating. ;)

Emeralds are not currency, they are materials, and would the the same as someone trading cobble for dirt. This doesn't stop them from using it as if it's currency, like gold bars or diamond, but it isn't.

It creates items that do not use stock assets, thus requiring client-side mod. Not happening.

For those who do not understand how Essensials handles Economy, it does so like this.

Earning money:
 - Trading with other players in person.*
 - Selling items via Trade signs. Players will have access to Trade signs.**
 - Selling items via Buy signs. Only server will have Buy signs, and even then only for a few things like gold and diamonds.

Spending money:
 - Trading with another player in person.*
 - Buying items via Trade signs. Players will have access to Trade signs.**
 - Buying items via Sell signs. Only server will have Sell signs, and even then only for a few special things, If at all.

*:
 - Players use commands to give their money to the other player, while the other player drops the items as usual.
 - Both sides will get a text confirmation of the amount transferred.

**:
 - When a Trade sign is created, it takes the items you have for sale out of your inv.
 - To refill a sign, you right-click on it with what you have for sale.
 - To withdraw from a sign, right-click on it with your hand.
 - To get your stuff back from a sign, break it.
 - Syntax.

There is no way to cheat the system besides either scamming another player, which, really, rule 1... and if an admin sets up a unlimited cash loop on accident. But since all there would be is a buy for gold/diamond/emerald, and a sell for... stuff that isnt gold/diamond/emerald, that is unlikely.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:56:13 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline -Sara-

Woo Sara!

He creates a huge explosion himself now when he spawns, scary!

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Woo Sara!

He creates a huge explosion himself now when he spawns, scary!

He's no match for my dashing average looks and sub-par charm!
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Sara, you have been missed much.
Nice to have you back.
Alas, I can't play with you anymore :(

That said, I found a way to easily trim worlds...just delete high number files from the regions folders. the higherr the number, the further away from spawn...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Sara, you have been missed much.
Nice to have you back.
Alas, I can't play with you anymore :(

That said, I found a way to easily trim worlds...just delete high number files from the regions folders. the higherr the number, the further away from spawn...

That works too, but it removes the ability to be precise
"No"

Offline -Sara-

Thankies Trash and Mongoose.

Also runes are lots fun! Trying more tomorro