Author Topic: Freespace 2 RE  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I think there were several campaigns that dealt with that throught the years, this was just the only one that ever made it to release. There was also Woolie Wools "Twist of Fate" and some HLP project called Alternate Paths or something like that I once read about (not sure about the latter though).

What If is kind of like FS1: Reborn.  It's a similar story, but with flak guns and beam cannons.  By contrast, both Twist of Fate and Alternate Paths tell what may have happened in the Terran-Vasudan War if the Shivans had never shown up.

Alternate Paths dates from way back in HLP's history.  Here's a capture of their website.  I included a reference to it in the secret area of the Phoenix holonet. ;)

Ah, my bad. I've never played What If though. I think there was a header of AP in Setekhs renders somewhere and later found something in the forum about it, for next to nothing is on the webarchive, (though I was searching for different things on the WA).

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well sorry, for this Off Topic Reply, but since we are talking about What If... does one of you actually have still the complete Storm Front packages? (That consists of StormFrontStock, three Storm Front campaigns and What If: Another Great War)

Because they are unavailable on the old StormFront page and SF-Junky does not seem to be interested to give away an outdated version of it, which does not seem to work now and because he is working on a complete overhaul of it, for a Storm Front 3... but well, this take already a few years and i actually would be interested in the last version... to make it compatible for current 3.8.0 at least, so that this one is still available until a newer one will be released.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Yes, the campaigns are there, as it seems, but not the Mod they are depended on.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I have a StormFront modpack from mid 2012 (~180mb, 53mb as 7z), but the What If stuff is from 2010. Is that the version you're looking for?