Author Topic: Can't get past the launcher (Debian install)  (Read 1621 times)

Can't get past the launcher (Debian install)
When I try running the game I get the following:

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  13
  Current serial number in output stream:  13
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while appending request
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
fs2_open_diaspora: ../../src/xcb_io.c:160: append_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_seq_number' failed.

please help. If I can't install from the Software center, then I have no clue what I'm doing in Linux, this is the first time I've had to work with the command line interface.  :banghead:

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Can't get past the launcher (Debian install)
Hm. Questions that first come to mind:

(1) Are you running Debian stable, testing, or unstable?

(2) What are your hardware specs? As in what graphics card, CPU, amount of RAM, etc.

(3) Could you post a debug log? Take a look at these instructions. The build instructions that ship with Diaspora has a section on how to make a debug build of fs2_open.