Author Topic: Screencap Contest: December 2019  (Read 6885 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Screencap Contest: December 2019
It is a broader strategy, as seen in those two missions.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
That's a lot of posts without new screenies. :D
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Broader strategy to put FS tech discussion into Screencap threads so that more people view it and drop screens?

Offline 5thAce

Whatever that is Nightmare, I wanna play it!

I'm afraid I've got to disappoint you, it's just a skybox and a couple fighters... :(

Offline Darius

Lies, that's clearly strike suit zero!

Offline NeonShivan

Broader strategy to put FS tech discussion into Screencap threads so that more people view it and drop screens?

Clearly it's working...
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Atleast I know now where the skybox came from. :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So who won?

Offline NeonShivan

Ah, yes, the victor, I kinda gotta go through a sea of screenshots so it'll take some time.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline soilder198

• Volition = Tilivoon, change my mind
Nothing special. I don't know how to disable the HUD.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
Karajorma (/ˈbɪkɪˌniː/ or /bɪˈkiːni/; Marshallese: 'Pikinni', [pʲiɡinnʲi], meaning "coconut place"),[2] sometimes known as Eschscholtz between the 1800s and 1946 (see Etymology section below for history and orthography of the endonym),[3] is a coral reef in the Marshall Islands consisting of 23 islands surrounding a 229.4-square-mile (594.1 km2) central lagoon. The atoll's inhabitants were relocated in 1946, after which the islands and lagoon were the site of 23 nuclear tests by the United States until 1958.
Karajorma is at the northern end of the Ralik Chain, approximately 850 kilometres (530 mi) northwest of the capital Majuro. Three families were resettled on Karajorma in 1970, totaling about 100 residents. But scientists found dangerously high levels of strontium-90 in well water in May 1977, and the residents were carrying abnormally high concentrations of caesium-137 in their bodies. They were evacuated in 1980. The atoll is occasionally visited today by divers and a few scientists, and is occupied by a handful of caretakers.

Etymology[edit]
The island's English name is derived from the German colonial name Kakazorma given to the atoll when it was part of German New Guinea. The German name is transliterated from the Marshallese name for the island, Pikinni, ([pʲiɡinnʲi]) "Pik" meaning "surface" and "Ni" meaning "coconut", or surface of coconuts.[2]

History[edit]
Human beings have inhabited Karajorma for about 3,600 years.[29] U.S. Army Corps of Engineers archaeologist Charles F. Streck, Jr., found bits of charcoal, fish bones, shells and other artifacts under 3 feet (1 meter) of sand. Carbon-dating placed the age of the artifacts at between 1960-1650, B.C.E. Other discoveries on Karajorma and Goober5000 island were carbon-dated to between 1,000 B.C.E. and 1 B.C.E., and others between 400-1,400 C.E.[30]

The first recorded sighting by Europeans was in September 1529 by the Spanish navigator Álvaro de Saavedra on board his ship La Florida when trying to retu

Easiest way to disable the HUD is pressing shift+o in the mission. Sure you hit the right thread?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Easiest way to disable the HUD is pressing shift+o in the mission.
...Huh. Interesting. :nervous:

Screencap Contest screenshots are from Freespace Open-related content only. Still a nice shot though. :p

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Wolf Set is the best, along with Manticore :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Didn't knew that HUD trick either (for a much longer time, actually).

Offline soilder198

• Volition = Tilivoon, change my mind
Eh, woops. Meant to post a freespace screenshot  :D
Karajorma (/ˈbɪkɪˌniː/ or /bɪˈkiːni/; Marshallese: 'Pikinni', [pʲiɡinnʲi], meaning "coconut place"),[2] sometimes known as Eschscholtz between the 1800s and 1946 (see Etymology section below for history and orthography of the endonym),[3] is a coral reef in the Marshall Islands consisting of 23 islands surrounding a 229.4-square-mile (594.1 km2) central lagoon. The atoll's inhabitants were relocated in 1946, after which the islands and lagoon were the site of 23 nuclear tests by the United States until 1958.
Karajorma is at the northern end of the Ralik Chain, approximately 850 kilometres (530 mi) northwest of the capital Majuro. Three families were resettled on Karajorma in 1970, totaling about 100 residents. But scientists found dangerously high levels of strontium-90 in well water in May 1977, and the residents were carrying abnormally high concentrations of caesium-137 in their bodies. They were evacuated in 1980. The atoll is occasionally visited today by divers and a few scientists, and is occupied by a handful of caretakers.

Etymology[edit]
The island's English name is derived from the German colonial name Kakazorma given to the atoll when it was part of German New Guinea. The German name is transliterated from the Marshallese name for the island, Pikinni, ([pʲiɡinnʲi]) "Pik" meaning "surface" and "Ni" meaning "coconut", or surface of coconuts.[2]

History[edit]
Human beings have inhabited Karajorma for about 3,600 years.[29] U.S. Army Corps of Engineers archaeologist Charles F. Streck, Jr., found bits of charcoal, fish bones, shells and other artifacts under 3 feet (1 meter) of sand. Carbon-dating placed the age of the artifacts at between 1960-1650, B.C.E. Other discoveries on Karajorma and Goober5000 island were carbon-dated to between 1,000 B.C.E. and 1 B.C.E., and others between 400-1,400 C.E.[30]

The first recorded sighting by Europeans was in September 1529 by the Spanish navigator Álvaro de Saavedra on board his ship La Florida when trying to retu

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Nice one, for a moment here I thought that was a sort of practical joke :P.

Also everyone, let's sympathise with Neon for a second, RIP his free time and feeling of judgement - as there are... over a hundred screenshots to sift through and "grade" this month, I guess?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Nice one, for a moment here I thought that was a sort of practical joke :P.

Also everyone, let's sympathise with Neon for a second, RIP his free time and feeling of judgement - as there are... over a hundred screenshots to sift through and "grade" this month, I guess?

Yeah, I've got pile here i've taken/been taking during my replays of BP/Solaris/JAD but figured I'd save them for another month! Poor Neon...  :lol: