Author Topic: JAD Voice acting?  (Read 5219 times)

I actually wonder why no-one made some voice acting for JAD.. so...

I will take the GTD Harbinger/Collossus-X2 spot!

The voice-acting would have to be very, very good in order to not ruin the entire series.

I'd be useless as a voice-actor for it... whenever I read, much less say, something funny I invariably start laughing.  :)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Axem

The last time Voice Acting JAD came to mind, I decided it would have to be done by a single voice actor doing everything. Of course finding someone to do that would be quite hard, so if enough interest and talent came around I would go with that.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Microsoft Sam could be a viable choice... Especially for the 1337-5p33k comm messages.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

I thought that was in DEM...

"Slash Backslash Slash Backslash..."  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

that would make me go insane

I was laughing too hard to go insane (or pay attention to what was happening in the mission, for that matter). :D

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I thought that was in DEM...

Meh. Mixup on my part. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless... Not Derek Smart fuming away as Microsoft Sam could be pretty hilarious (although that'd only be in JAD2, not the original JAD...)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Axem

JAD voice acted with a digital cast eh...

*Dream Sequence Sound Effect*

http://www.axemspace.com/files/misc/JAD3_VoiceActed.avi

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
roffle.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:09:35 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

I got the Microsoft Mary, Mike and Sam voices, and the speech sdk with a program wich allows exporting text to wav.

We still need FRED though.

EDIT: where did you get all those nice voices? and where did you get the program to export them to a file?? my program onley uses the mikrosofts versionssss anndds sthattszz reaalyzz borringg.zskdla;jf.jlroflgbhmaobbq///:0

Edit: Yeah, sorry, I just got hit by a ENP missil (Extra Noobish Pulse)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:41:09 am by -Joshua- »

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
*eats goober*

UGH! humans taste bad!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
*eats takashi*

UGH! Idiots taste worse!

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
*sprinkles salt on snail*

*wonders how takashi could do that if he was already eaten*

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
*wonders how takashi could do that if he was already eaten*

From the INSIDE!  :p
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
*sprinkles salt on snail*

As IPAndrews knows... SNAIL'S DISEMBODIED SOUL WORKS FASTER!!!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Seeing as how this thread has gone a whole lot of nowhere (other than the seemingly inevitable cesspool of spam that certain persons seem to enjoy creating), I'm thinking it's better off closed.  Let's try to keep the posting in here about actual voiceacting projects, shall we?

(Joshua, if you want to (un)officially organize a JAD voiceacting project, feel free to start a new thread.)