Author Topic: Empire at War: Freespace 2 Conversion  (Read 4092 times)

Empire at War: Freespace 2 Conversion
You may have read my post over in the modding section, but if not, I'm making a total conversion for Empire at War. For this project, I'm going to need some unit voices, and I can't do every one  ;). If you're interested, let me know, and get me a sample. I'll let you know what you need to do. If you want, you can also request a ship you want to do a voice for. As of now, pretty much every ship is open.

Re: Empire at War: Freespace 2 Conversion
Don't be shy. Anyone can sign up.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Any ship??

Then I'll voice the SCv Moloch with a terrible Glaswegian accent. :D

Pratting aside, what 'era' are you doing the mod with? Great War (2335) or Second Great War (2367)? I have an answer for the former, but I'd have to really think of the latter.....
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Hmm, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about the Shivans. I am doing the mod in the Second Great War era.

Offline Vretsu

The Shivans? Just make the ships emit synthetic, mechanical sounds...or something.

Right, anyways. I would love to voice-act the Orion as soon as I get my recorder set up, again.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
I was joking, you know! :D

Just the comedy value of this spiky red and black warship communicating with a Glaswegian accent.....

Anyway, 2367 eh? Well, may I nab the GTCv Deimos then? :)
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
------------

Ok, that's 2 ships down. If you could, get me some samples, I'll get you a list of what you need to do.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Have you a line in specific you want us to deliver?
------------

I don't really have anything specific, but I need the following things, and several of each:

Acknowledgments:
Move
Select
Attack
-Turrets
-Engines
-Beam Cannon
Guard

I also need numerous combat dialogues, for example, "Watch out!", or "Got one!", or "Need help!", and so on. And finally, I need some "low health" and death voices.

!!! Will the shivans be a playable race!?!!
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
I don't really have anything specific, but I need the following things, and several of each:

Acknowledgments:
Move
Select
Attack
-Turrets
-Engines
-Beam Cannon
Guard

I also need numerous combat dialogues, for example, "Watch out!", or "Got one!", or "Need help!", and so on. And finally, I need some "low health" and death voices.

Could you be a little more specific? What exactly is a 'select' voice? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure.

If you have some examples from the regular EaW, that would help guide our writing and later recording.
------------

It's a strategy game, so I'm pretty sure the "select" voice is when they say "Yours to command" or "yes sir?" or something of that nature when you select a unit.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!