Author Topic: Screen off-centre  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Rob45

• Steam
Hi everyone I'm Rob and I'm new to this game and forum and have a BIG problem.  Can anyone help me out please?

The game starts ok and the intro is perfect but when the intro finishes the screen is pushed over to the right hand side of my monitor and thus everything on that side has been cut off.  I've set up the launcher ok and the settings are correct.  Any ideas please?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Rob45

• Steam
I cannot provide requested file because my launcher (downloaded today) is different

Offline Rob45

• Steam
Managed to do it - must be a bit thick coz nothings simple any more - but I'm 62 if that explains it!  File attached.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can you provide a screenshot showing this? To make one, simply press the Print Screen button, then go to the "screenshots" folder in the FS2 directory, convert the file from tga to jpg or png, and post it here.

Offline Rob45

• Steam
That's odd, screenshot is perfect but on pc I have not got right side or lower half of screen shown!

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
One possible solution is to disable DPI screen scaling for FSO. If you've used the magnification functions in Windows (i.e. that whole "make the text larger" stuff), then FSO doesn't know how to deal with it; fortunately, there's a simple workaround. Right-click on the FSO executable, select properties, go to the "Compatibility" rider, and mark the checkbox that says "Disable scaling for high-dpi screens" (or something along those lines).

Offline Rob45

• Steam
Going to have to fiddle a bit because it won't run at all now - "Waiting for flag file to be generated and parsed"

I will have a go tomorrow  - have to go for now. Thanks for help so far :)

Offline Rob45

• Steam
To The E...

Got it sorted thanks to you.  Many thanks and what an awesome game now it's been tweaked and brought up to date. Great.  Once again many thanks for helping me out - the fix turned out to be a reasonably simple one in the end :)