Author Topic: new build  (Read 10703 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
bob i had to put the matrix initialization after the sky is drawn since there is no method to draw it in T&L yet.  we also need a way to draw lasers with T&L too since it wont work in OGL
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Originally posted by Lightspeed
ambient light!! we want ambient light ! ;)

no actualy you want it, there have been a huge number of people asking for the abient light to be cut for years
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
-Shine mapping still tend to flicker around
- non HT&L often crashes when explosions or missile trails are displayed
-scaling in tech room, ship info, and briefing icon info is totally screwed up (theyre way too huge in techroom and in briefing info, but the spinning ship model in the ship selection is around 30x30 pixles)
-Surprisingly bad framerates for HT&L, performance sometimes nearly as slow as non-HT&L mode, seems to happen randomly (didn't happen in earlier HT&L builds)
-Still getting lockups during game (which arent there with non HT&L)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Bobboau

no actualy you want it, there have been a huge number of people asking for the abient light to be cut for years

i want it adjustable (both in fred and a multiplier in the launcher), so everyone would be happy. And btw FYI i'm not the only one who wants it... Ask Setekh :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ok, yep, the Beam Weapon thingy is a particle trail and yes, it is way overdone, I was only adding the ships as a test.
The game was running in DirectX. I'm going to try it without the particle trailed ships in it shortly and see if that changes anything :)

Flipside :D

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it probly won't, most likely it's getting drawn in the same position as the ships your fighting
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You're right, it didn't, and that would explain why it suddenly fixes itself when the last Shivan is destroyed.

Flipside :D

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Lightspeed

i want it adjustable (both in fred and a multiplier in the launcher), so everyone would be happy.

This would be good. Right now I can't see what I'm shooting at :D

Offline Kakis

This build is working alright for me. Feels slower than the last one I tested though.

The nebula feels better, there are still some issues like that some kind of debris and weapos impact can be seen through the fog on long range when the really should have been hidden by the fog.

All models in like tech database, briefing and targeting are too large. This wasn't in some other ht&l build, but I guess you know about anyway.

Sometimes gunfire (noticed it in a normal mission) seems to draw through ships. It's not that common and not that much though. This time I noticed a fighter mounted subach.

Perhaps sligthly off topic:
Otherwise I was mostly annoyed by the "ignore my target bug" and the "target in reticle bug". I have actually tried (like a week ago) to figure out the target in reticle bug. I got the point where I knew what the reticle targeting code did (sort of) but no further.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmmmm.... Just tried the background thing in the _t build, and apart from a slight case of the 'lines' problem, it worked fine :)

Just thought it might help :D

Flipside

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
no launcher multiplier on the ambient light - but fred is good

(letting a user adjust it could be used to cheat in multiplayer)
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Wes

Everything is very dark compared to the last official release. Apart from that it runs well.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Kazan
no launcher multiplier on the ambient light - but fred is good

(letting a user adjust it could be used to cheat in multiplayer)

i dont think setting high ambient light is cheating.

Also, if it is considered cheating, use missions with 0.0 ambient light, that way it will always be 0 since 0*x = 0.

Although you could simply turn the brightness higher.

I really dont think it would have any great advantage...

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
stealth fighters, you can play yourself so the bright blue part is always pointing away from who you are fighting, they have a greatly hardler time trying to shoot you.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Very slight update on the background thingy, it seems to happen with any ship I target, regardless of race....

My problem seems to be heading curiously towards Kakis' one ;)

I have some problems using OpenGL. I'm with GF4 MX 420 (I know it sucks, but that's what happens when you're ill and your mother has to upgrade your PC). Some objects are rendered in front of other, but, in fact, they must be hidden behind the second objects. Example: Orion's turrets (V's Orion) render in front of the hull, thile they must be hidden behind it. Oh, ahd I have some rendering problems with Aracania. The walls around the hole aren't rendered while looking through them. They act like the polys are flipped.

I have taken some screenshots, but can't upload it anywhere therefore can't show it here. Anyone wanna help here? :p
A lesson in democracy, I will never, never be,
A servant of a moral standard, a rebelsoul for the free,
I scream and I burn, I deny what I've learned,
Can't fight what's inside, on this blasphemous ride!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
"I have some problems using OpenGL."

ok, I think I have identifyed the problem.
OGL isn't working yet, it is comeing along but it's not working yet, and especaly in that build it doesn't work
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

aha, well, thanks for clearing that up... ;)
A lesson in democracy, I will never, never be,
A servant of a moral standard, a rebelsoul for the free,
I scream and I burn, I deny what I've learned,
Can't fight what's inside, on this blasphemous ride!

Offline Fry_Day

HT&L OpenGL is coming along nicely. I'm hoping for a working release (With fully working lighting, and correct rendering of 2d stuff) before I go to the army in the worst case.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
uh when is that?  almost everything but lasers and starfields work correctly, and im working on the lasers
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord