Author Topic: new build  (Read 10704 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Also, alas, the skyboxes are still centering on the targetted object :(

Flipside :D

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I'm gona wait untill OGL stops messing with the matrix code before I try to fix that
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
bob, if you want to fix the skybox thing, go to game_render_frame() in freespace.cpp and move the htl functions (line 4100) before the call to stars_draw().  i need to figure out how to draw the skybox in htl
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
Hei!!! what's the difference between the debug exe and the non-debug exe??? When should I use each??
I feel like an exile......

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Debug builds are for finding bugs!!! Like when a crash happens it gives you lots of information about it!!! But you can't understand it unless you're a coder!!! lolololol ^______^
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Galemp
IMO, ambient light should default to the retail FS2 level unless specified otherwise in FRED. Likewise, shinemapping should be off by default, unless there's a specific shine map found. We need FS2_Open to look and play just like FS2 Retail unless the user chooses to use the extras. This, I think, is one of the gripes Icculus had with FSO... it's not the same game.

no, that'd look crappy, some maps would be shinemapped, other not. I'd say turn it on/off with command line FOR ALL MODELS like it its now.
I agree to the ambient lighting though, just keep an option in the command line to set a) ON/OFF  b) % of lightness specified in FRED.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
Originally posted by Nifelheim
Do you get extremely low fps when facing big ships? I mean, my PC is good enough to hadle most of the recent games at full detail, btu FS gets some times at framerates like 18 - 29 fps. Mostly in battle or facing big ships. My config is:

nVidia GeForce 4 mx 420 (I know, I know)

I have exactly the same problems when facing "biggies" when I use large textures and the -T32 flag.

I have a GeForce 4 mx440 and...........I think it's the castrated version of the vid card because it doesn't happen in annother computer I tried yesterday wich had a GF 4 Titanium.
I feel like an exile......

Blah, that's really too bad, I won't have any upgrade soon....
A lesson in democracy, I will never, never be,
A servant of a moral standard, a rebelsoul for the free,
I scream and I burn, I deny what I've learned,
Can't fight what's inside, on this blasphemous ride!

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
* $Log: pcxutils.cpp,v $
 * Revision 2.3  2003/11/19 20:37:24  randomtiger
 * Almost fully working 32 bit pcx, use -pcx32 flag to activate.
 * Made some commandline variables fit the naming standard.

ooooo RT your getting rid of the 256 color limit on PCX?  very kewl :D
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's gone, FS2 now supports JPG and TGA files :)

Offline Drew

Originally posted by Flipside
It's gone, FS2 now supports JPG and TGA files :)

the 256 color limit on PCX was not removed. I coudldnt get KARMAS skybox working till i redid the PCX texture in 256 colors.
PCX's are alot smaller anyway; id rather use those than a 2 meg TGA file....
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
I haven't tryed the skybox with lastest version, but with older htl build I was running it with textures in jpg format, you don't need to convert to pcx

anyway, I was trying 11_18_2003_fs2_open_r.exe and I received this message running the game from the launcher: "unrecognized commandline parameter -32bit"

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
-32Bit has bee taken out because, apparently, it did nothing in the SCP. -t32 should be all you need :)

Offline Drew

FS check the CVS more :P

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
doh I really missed this:)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I missed it too, it's possible that with the internal it was never announced.  Oddly enough though the launcher has a checkbox for it anyway, so it seems like they dropped the wrong tag.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Just gave the latest build a whirl.  Very impressive.

However, I've come across a few minorish bugs:

1)  The mouse cursor, after flying a mission, stutters about pretty bad, but not to the point of being uncontrollable.

2)  Probably has been mentioned before, but the Subspace Nodes (the wireframe models) do not show up.

3)  In the techroom, I scroll down, and for an instant, the GVSG Ankh appears twice, but mouseover on the second name reveals it to be the Edjo entry.  Selecting it permanizes the Edjo name until you scroll the list so it is out of view, then it returns to it's former behavior.

Using RT's launcher (ver. 2.4, which works great, btw ;) ):  -t32, -htl enabled; DX8@1024x768x32

Pertinent Stats:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
KT400 Chipset
GeForce4 Ti4400
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Windows 2000 Professional
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw