Author Topic: SCP support Directx 9?  (Read 10590 times)

Offline Fear

SCP support Directx 9?
will this happen anytime soon? i dont know if it relats but what the heck
"Launcher 6 is being build with D3D9 support."

+
anybody know when will shinemap will be fix for radeon users?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 12:47:50 pm by 2039 »

Whenever ATi fixes their drivers.  For now, revert back to an older set of Cats.

Sure, you can use DX9, since DX is always backwards compatible. For now, no-one is using a DX9 function, so it is not needed.

As for the shinemap fix, not sure, it is a pure driver issue, the SCP guys can't help it.

Out of couriosity, what is your native language?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Fear

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
Whenever ATi fixes their drivers.  For now, revert back to an older set of Cats.

wont it damage my system? but heck for fs2 everything...

Sure, you can use DX9, since DX is always backwards compatible. For now, no-one is using a DX9 function, so it is not needed.

As for the shinemap fix, not sure, it is a pure driver issue, the SCP guys can't help it.

Out of couriosity, what is your native language?
[/B]

my primary lang is hebrew.
and it will be awesome to see some of dx9 future in fs2. though i can't think about any use for pixel shaders .... but still.... awesome!

wait, there is a problem with Radeon cards running the shinemaps? I never noticed one...

Offline Fear

Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
wait, there is a problem with Radeon cards running the shinemaps? I never noticed one...

this is the problem i never noticed any shine on my ships.

hm... I never had that problem. Must be a Radeon 9500 exclusive... ;7

Offline Kamuii

• http://www.toroimerai.net
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
hm... I never had that problem. Must be a Radeon 9500 exclusive... ;7

What version of the Catalyst drivers are you running?

Whichever the latest drivers from the Radeon site are. Im running them on my Radeon 9600Xt. I have always had shinemaps.:nod:

Offline Fear

can you give me a picture of the amazing shine? i want to see if its on my system 2(im not sure...)

Radeon 9000 and Radeon 7000 reported issues as well. Not too sure about the 9200.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

So, I guess the latest cards have the problem fixed.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Fear
my primary lang is hebrew.

Yofi! Od Yisraeli lehosif lachavora! ;)

:welcome:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

God damnit I cant understand it! >_<

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
[q]God damnit I cant understand it! >_<[/q]
Few people around here can... hey did you just call me an asshole?!
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Fear

ma kora gever?

AND about that picture! holy **** of mother israel! ITS AMAZING! i got no shine at all!!!! :( .
if i will install 4.4 it will work fine?
and by the way where can i find the shinemap v1.1C? i installed the V2.0 but i was informed its Shine only for bombers....

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Did you use -spec in the launcher?  It will not shine unless specular lighting is enabled.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
How about the X800 cards on the 4.7 drivers? Does anyone here have one? I'm still in two minds whether to get a 6800 GT or spend a bit more and get an X800 XTPE. At least I have some time to think about it while they all become more readily available.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There's an option in Launcher 5.x called Enable Specular. Make sure that is ticked.

As for the Catalyst drivers I've heard from others that going back to an earlier catalyst will bring back shine mapping. What I can't be sure of is which catalyst version. I think 4.3 or 4.4 is correct though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]